Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eastcoastgalny

Two-Toned High Gloss Acrylic Kitchen or All White?

Sara H
4 years ago

I like the modern bright clean look of high gloss flat panel frameless white acrylic kitchen cabinets. I'd like to throw in a little color to keep it from being boring and cold. I picked satin brass california faucets for my two sinks (also have a hot and cold water faucet and pot filler) and satin brass pulls for bottom cabinets. I'd like to add another cabinet color but not sure where. Also should I use another high gloss acrylic or alternate with a laminate? (laminate and acrylic are in my budget.) I picked out MSI alabaster white quartz for my island because it had the brightest white base and it came in a jumbo size for my long island. I am generally conservative in my design choices and I'm looking for a classic timeless kitchen design. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (8)

• Sara H
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Attached are photos of my plan

• Gina S
    4 years ago

I'm not a pro -- I don't have any advice --

But, I have serious envy over the size of the refrigerator and stove you're planning. You are going to also have so much work space and storage. I can't wait to see what the houzz talent comes up with.

I'm curious about what colors you like and what colors you've used in the rest of your home.

• Sara H
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I’m using a polished porcelain 60 x 60 by Navarti call elder perla in front entry, dining room, foyer and possibly in kitchen and family room. It’s a high gloss light grey concrete look porcelain tile. I want to use neutral colors on floors and walls (grey, white) and accent with color ( maybe blues, not sure yet). I picked White interior doors with black hardware. Didn’t pick anything else yet. For a second I thought I might do the island in navy blue high gloss acrylic but not sure I want to go with navy on cabinets. Then I was thinking of doing a black wood look laminate ( if I can find a nice one) on my island but not sure where else to add black. It’s very striking and I don’t want to much black. I love black , gold and white. Just not sure how to balance it in this kitchen.

• Newhome2018
    4 years ago

Looks like you’re planning a beautiful kitchen! And So big and spacious! I recently completed my kitchen- mostly white acrylic and walnut high gloss wood veneer. Floors are polished concrete We accented with gold. It’s such a beautiful combination. Modern yet elegant and warm. Whatever you choose good luck with your project

• Newhome2018
    4 years ago

A better pic of wood veneer. I think it’s called tigers eye

• Sara H
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Newhome2018 I LOVE your kitchen! It came out beautiful! I do love that tigers eye acrylic but my close friend just used that in her kitchen so I prefer to find something a little different. I’m going to see if my kitchen guy has a lighter wood look acrylic. I was thinking of doing those type of “ invisible” pulls in a satin brass to match my faucets. May I ask which brand/ color they are? Are those California faucets in satin brass? I’d love to see more of your design choices throughout the house! I’m in the midst of a zillion decisions for my new construction and I feel like we have similar styles.

• Newhome2018
    4 years ago

Thanks Sara. Good luck on your project so Much thought goes into the smallest details. Faucets are graff faucets I don’t know the exac model # off hand. all Pulls on white cabinets are satin brass, and all pulls on wood veneer are satin black. Kitchen guy ordered them for me so I don’t know which brand they are.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts