Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenapril

Looking for help with glass shower doors

jenapril
10 years ago
Our master bath is about 50% completed and I need to order custom glass shower doors. Has anyone had experience with Roda/Basco or have you used another brand/provider you are happy with? I live in Ohio. Thanks!

Comments (13)

• wooliewebs
    10 years ago
    Good luck keeping those glass doors crystal clear and clean. The only thing that works is Clorox FOAMING bathroom spray cleaner and you have to use it often. So far as the doors themselves have you contacted a local window and glass door contractor? Might be your best bet for something custom.
    jenapril thanked wooliewebs
  • mansfield3
    10 years ago
    We ordered our glass doors off overstock.com. It came with a bottom, but I believe you can just order doors as well. I think it was the dreamline brand- nice, heavy and beautiful. I would also suggest heading into a lowes or home depot - you can get glass doors custom cut, or just buy from their surplus.
    jenapril thanked mansfield3
  • PRO
    osouledini
    10 years ago
    You can use the glass tiles on top of your bathrooms 60cm wall that be seen in this picture and for shower door I think you most use from simple laminate glass door
    for more information about glass tiles you can visit our web site :
    www.osouledini.com
    jenapril thanked osouledini
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    I've had experience with Basco and they have fantastic customer service.
    We had a problem with one door and they replaced it, sent us a whole new door.
    jenapril thanked Judy M
  • jenapril
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you, everyone!
  • jenapril
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    JudyM, can you please share a photo of your Basco shower doors? I can check your ideabook or email to jenapril2@gmail.com THANKS!
  • PRO
    rInnovation
    10 years ago
    We're a Basco dealer for good reasons: Great designs, great quality, great installation service. We're in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, so that won't help you, but we're glad you're thinking smart!
    jenapril thanked rInnovation
  • jenapril
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    What is an average height for the doors? One vendor said he thought about 72 inches high (looking at this photo) might be about right. Does that sound accurate?
  • PRO
    rInnovation
    10 years ago
    I generally go with minimum 70." Basco has 71-1/2" and some pivoting at 76"
  • PRO
    rInnovation
    10 years ago
    A word to the wise: don't us a vendor who uses terms like "about right." You want to provide exact measurements (or preferably work with a vendor who provides a measurement service). No guesses with shower doors.
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    My doors are in a vacation home, I'm not there.
  • PRO
    rInnovation
    10 years ago
    Non-custom doors can be ordered that have trimmable components and expandable components for various size ranges (for width issues), and because ceiling height minimums are typically 84" in the United States, even with doors mounted on a shower curb of approx. 4", total height with a 76" high door would be 80." Best advice is to use a dealer/installer near your vacation home.