veglee

70th Anniversary of the Eames House

leela4

Great article. Eames House

"This is not your sterile, minimalist, unhappy hipsters' home," says Los Angeles Times staff writer Carolina Miranda, who covers art and architecture. "This is a home that is lived in by two people who've been all over the world and are sharing some of what they've harvested in those adventures in their home."

• bpath Oh Sophie

That’s a beautiful home. I especially love the pictures from when they lived in it, with books piled on the sofa. I’d worry a bit about being below a bluff, but along the coast I wouldn’t want to be atop the bluff, either! It’s lovely how it is a part of its space, as opposed to the other houses that are about, well, the house and “look at our view” until the new house closer to the view blocks it.

If I ever get out that way (field trip for the west coast get-together!) I’d love to see if normal schlubs like me can reserve a tour. I’ll bring my slippers.

leela4 thanked bpath Oh Sophie
  • graywings123

That was fun to read. Thanks for posting it.

A 250 year conservation plan for the trees. Wow.

leela4 thanked graywings123
  • IdaClaire

How lovely.

leela4 thanked IdaClaire
  • robo (z6a)

Great article, thanks for posting! I really regret not going to the house when I visited LA. It was an expensive proposition for me at the time, I think private tours inside the house were 350 USD, but I would have loved it.

leela4 thanked robo (z6a)