dayscapes_z7a_md

Rose ID Needed for Mislabeled Plant

dayscapes_z7a_md

The roses in this group all appeared to be the same variety but had two different labels (Morden Centennial and Miss Congeniality). I don’t think either is correct. They are Weeks Roses if that helps. Any ideas?

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

What ever it is it is gorgeous!

• seil zone 6b MI

The form is right for Intrigue but the striping is worng. I don't recall ever having stripes on my intrigue. Sure is a gorgeous rose though.

• dayscapes_z7a_md

Not sure what it is, but I liked them so much I decided to stop by the store and get a couple anyway. I just hope it’s a good rebloomer and disease resistant. I don’t think it’s a Weeks rose afterall like I had thought. It’s actually a grafted rose, and I believe that Weeks only produces ‘own root’ roses.

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley

I have many weeks roses that are grafted.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca

I agree about weeks being grafted . This is such a pretty rose though , I’m not sure why it isn’t jumping out at any one ! The color is just like intrigue .. so pretty!! But where did the stripe come from ?

Also when you plant it , see if a ribbon tag was buried under soil ?

• dayscapes_z7a_md

Oh....I didn’t realize that Weeks also sells grafted roses. It does look like Intrigue for the most part. The white flecks on the petals are subtle. When I did a picture search for Intrigue on the web, some of the pics looked like they also had streaks or flecks of white on the petals. Some of the blooms on mine are more solid colored while other have subtle streaks. Maybe it’s the heat or stress. Here is a pic of mine from this morning. They are still in pots. I plan on planting them this weekend. I love the saturated color.

• dayscapes_z7a_md

Here’s the picture from this morning again. For some reason it didn’t show up in the previous post.

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley

How beautiful all your plantings look together.

• Lynn-in-TX- Zone 8b (Central TX)

I have seen Purple Tiger look like your images, but over time, P.T. will have a very distinct look that should let you know if it is it...

Something about it does not seem like Intrigue, but different growing conditions ...??

• HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada

I used to have intrigue. It did get white stripes on blooms from time to time. Just putting that out there. Does yours also have fragrance? Intrigue has a lemony fragrance.

• dayscapes_z7a_md

Yes, it does have a nice fragrance....not particularly strong to my nose, but my nose isn’t real sensitive to smells. I’ve come to the conclusion that it is Intrigue from all the pics I’ve seen on the web.

What has been your experience with this rose when you had it in terms of rebloom and disease resistance? I’ve read mixed reviews.

• sautesmom Sacramento

Intrigue is dark magenta, that rose looks more true red. Or is it your camera?

• dayscapes_z7a_md

It’s the camera and lighting. The pictures at the top of the thread are closest to the true color. The picture of them in the sun toward the bottom aren’t really indicative of the true color. They do look red in those pictures.