Rectangle tile direction help!

Krysta K

Hello! Which direction should I put my 12x24 tile? The adjacent room has wood planks going in the opposite direction of how I would like to lay the tile. There is a open doorway between the rooms. Would choice A or B be better?

choice b
choice A

• everdebz

Just me to ask what material is the floor now? not bad, from here, nice with dining set....

Skippack Tile & Stone

What does the tile you want to use look like? That may affect the answer.

• Kathi Steele

I think I like A better.

Can you lay a few tiles down at the doorway between the rooms for a visual??

• Krysta K

The current tile is marble and we are using luxury vinyl over the marble tile. Here are some pictures of “A” in the staggered pattern we will lay it in.

• Krysta K

Here is “B” and some general pictures of the kitchen

• everdebz

Ceiling has its own direction - when you have laid the tile on floor, how does it seem with ceiling [same direction, and not same]?

• Krysta K

Everdebz- interesting point! The tile would be in the same direction as the ceiling with choice B (which is also the same direction as the wood floor in adjacent room).

• dowagercountess

I'm choosing B because of the ceiling direction.

• st5330

b goes better with ceiling and adjacent room. when i see it laid out for real, B is better.

• Krysta K

Thank you everyone for your help! We went with B! And we are so happy!

• Krysta K

Here is another picture so you can see the transition between the rooms. The transition piece doesn’t match the wood floor perfectly and will be changed!

• st5330

that totally brightened your space! good pick