allonsy101

Second guessing fixture choices

allonsy101
August 9, 2019

I just ordered my shower and sink fixtures and now I’m second guessing myself, and would love some advice/suggestions. I got some great advice from this forum previously and would appreciate any input.

We are adding a very small bathroom (58inches by 68 inches) to our 1920s Spanish style home. We want to be generally respectful of the eta/style of our home but still updated and to our taste.

The shower will be the back of the room, with the wall hung toilet and sink/wall mounted vanity facing each other. The shower will be white subway tile (nonnegotiable because husband loves them) and will be continued as a wainscoting around the room. The floor will be 6x6 black matte tiles, with a black and white Malibu inspired design insert in the middle between the toilet and vanity. The vanity will be custom made wood (10 inch deep and 30 wide) around a wall hung sink, with a white quartz top. The bathroom will basically be a black and white smaller version of our other bathroom, which was here when we moved in. I’m thinking a black arch mirror above the vanity and a black picture frame medicine cabinet above the toilet.

The only things purchased so far are the shower fixtures, the sink, the sink faucet, and the wall hung toilet. I like the shower system, but just chose the sink faucet because it is small and unobtrusive. The fixtures are all polished nickel. I have not found a single hole faucet I’ve loved. Does what I have sound like it will work? Any suggestions?

Below are the renderings of my new bathroom, a picture of our current bathroom, possible floor tiles for the insert, and the shower fixtures (the tile in the close up is not mine). Thanks!!

Comments (11)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268