Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crushedpurple

Many of my plants turning brown...diseased?

crushedpurple
4 years ago

This year I've noticed several plant leaves turning prematurely brown ...I'm fairly confident they're diseased because only part of the plant is brown and I see holes as if they're being bitten...plus they just look it. Any idea what it could and what to do?

Comments (4)

• btydrvn
    4 years ago

My advice in cases like this ....is always to take a few leaves to a nearby high quality nursery ...they will know for sure what causes this in your area

crushedpurple thanked btydrvn
  • btydrvn
    4 years ago

In our area overwatering/poor drainage? seems to encourage bugs to do this...

• crushedpurple
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you. I will try that. I do think I have poor quality soil- it's so incredibly dry and parts of it are like sand. However, I haven't had a problem with this in the past which is why I was thinking it's a pest of some sort. I even saw these small whitish-grey spiders on one of them.

• btydrvn
    4 years ago

It definitely looks like pests...and a garden pro can tell what kind of pest and how to treat it...as well as what to add to your soil to make it a better host to plantings...a sandy soil does drain better so that is not all bad...if it was not so bad I would spray the entire plant with Neem..especially under the leaves...this pretty much stops the attack...in this case you need to re-set the conditions for a happier growth environment...and maybe prune quite a bit...

crushedpurple thanked btydrvn