coloradosherry

Living Room Furniture Advice with 6' Grand Piano

coloradosherry
August 11, 2019

We've been undergoing a 4-year remodeling project. Finally have go ahead to replace this very traditional style, dark furniture in living room 20' 9" x 22' 3". The 6' long piano is on the 22' 3" wall situated in front of windows and between front door and doorway to master suite. Piano is nearly 6' wide causing it to encroach the center of the room, preventing furniture arrangement centering around fireplace. I would really like to treat this as a pseudo music / cocktail / living lounge using non-swivel chairs. Do not want furniture to hide 60" x 60" painting on wall opposite piano. Also thinking that this should be more modern style furnishings - definitely not traditional. There is an extra-wide doorway on the fireplace wall that is an entrance to guest suite. How would you suggest placing furniture? What pieces should I use and how many? Where to purchase most comfortable seating with a modern style? What about rugs, lamps, etc? I have been debating this for about a year now and realize that I need lots of advice! Thank you so much!

Comments (11)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268