Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jjkoc

A couple of peach roses

Really like Paul Bocuse! It is very tea-looking and it’s as if pure sunlight is emitted from the center of the rose!

This one is Carding Mill, love the myrrh fragrance! And the lotus like open flower...

Comments (15)

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    4 years ago

I lovedddd Paul bocouse when I grew him in Tennessee!! Another you may love is versigny . Your photos are beautiful!

jjkOC zone 10a/22, SoCal thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • jjkOC zone 10a/22, SoCal
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Lilyfinch, so interesting you say that since I was deciding between Versigny and Paul Bocuse! The color of both are so pretty! Love peach colored roses!

• Krista_5NY
    4 years ago

They are scrumptious blooms, I especially like Paul Bocuse.

4 years ago

Did you order Paul from roses unlimited? I think I remember liking Paul better than versigny as far as rebloom went but they both made me smile :).

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5426477/loving-paul-bocouse

I share a few pics here :)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    4 years ago

They're both beautiful, and I'm especially taken with Paul Bocuse. What a magnificent rose.

Original Author
    4 years ago

Lilyfinch, yes I did order from Pat.

The rose is starting to push out clusters of buds like in the photos on hmf.

It still is young plant, so I think petal count and flower count will improve.

Original Author
    4 years ago

This is Paul Bocuse aging and opening under a tad warmer conditions.

Original Author
    4 years ago

Here are some bigger Carding Mill blossoms. You can see how the color fades from peach to pink.

4 years ago

Really beautiful!!!! Carding mill is a really pretty one too.

Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Lilyfinch! I was wondering you had mentioned that you had previously grown PB. My PB has grown a cane straight up front the roots and has clustered blooms up at the top, I wonder if I just need to prune this cane to produce more side growths or if this is because I have a young plant or if this is typical growth habit? HMF indicates it’s a shrub rose but it doesn’t look right now like the Austin shrub roses I have. Any thoughts?

4 years ago

Jj , mine had done something similar!! If it’s up so high it’s bothering you , cut it back ! Sometimes I let things fill out au natural and other time I can’t stand how that looks , for example my earth angel one time shot up a cane that was a close to 2.5 ft taller than the rest. That had to go! :)

Original Author
    4 years ago

Lilyfinch, yes it’s about 3.5’ straight up!

After you did that did it start to grow any side branches? I noticed when I bent another cane it sent a couple of laterals but these were single blossomed not clustered like the canes that had flowered.

4 years ago

Actually, I don’t think it did ... it’s hard to remember though . My Paul I let grow the way it wanted too , as it was small still and I wanted it to fill out . It wasn’t 3.5 ft tall though ! Would you say that cane is thicker and stronger ? If so , I would leave it . Just deadhead it and let it be a main support and good source of food / energy for the rose . The rose will catch up ! They always seem awkward to me the first year or two on own roots. I like to see what they want to do . My garden was very wild and cottagey though , maybe not everyone’s style .

Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi Lilyfinch, yes this cane is thicker and stronger than all the other canes. It made me question whether there was another rose growing in the container because it was so different from the band growth I had.

When you suggest to deadhead this cane, do you cut off just below the flowers? I was planning to cut for vase, as I find the flowers last a long time and because they are clustered could be a nice standalone bouquet.

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional