loreleicomal

San Antonio Fall Plant Swap Oct. 12, 2019

loreleicomal
last modified: August 12, 2019

Our Fall Swap is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019, 9 am to 12 noon. We will have a new location to try out: The Islamic Center of San Antonio, 8638 Fairhaven. Fairhaven is off of Datapoint, in the Datapoint/Wurzbach/I-10 area. The area has several picnic tables under large oak trees and a portable building to use if there is inclement weather and for rest rooms. MamaChile/Mizan has graciously arranged this. No worrying about parking by people's mailboxes, blocking driveways, etc! May the early swapping begin! https://www.google.com/maps/place/8638+Fairhaven+St,+San+Antonio,+TX+78229/@29.5215903,-98.5654868,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x865c60af0045a073:0xbf3ed0e9b4182ddf!8m2!3d29.5215857!4d-98.5632928

• LeapingFrogLady Valdez

@sara, I would like some of your krimson princess and

krimson queen, please.

• LeapingFrogLady Valdez

Repost since it was lost up in the clouds. LOL

I have

four cardamom plants

Mexican petunias pink or purple

Coral vine

succulents of all kinds

thin edible cactus with few thorns

Chaco cactus

mini-aloes

spider lily-white bulbs

red lily bulbs

red crinum bulbs

yellow water iris (I'll bring only if requested)

nandina

garlic chives

sustainable plant

Wants:

Varigated leafed cannas, or banana trees

begonias

roses

succulent

pond plants

• ktessanne13

Sara Grossie here is what I have available. I can provide pics, just let me know.

2" pots:

Meliflua well rooted cutting

Large leaf NOID rooted cutting

Bella rooted cuttings

Pentaphlebia well rooted cutting

Dischidia ruscifolia rooted cutting

Dischidia Geri rooted cutting

Hoya NOID may be affinis? rooted cutting

Macgilvriae, rooted cutting

For larger trades:

6" established verticillata, can also do unrooted

6" established excavata, can also do unrooted cuttings

Unrooted cuttings:

Macrophylla variegated

2 different NOID dischidias

Bella

Nummarloides

Pubicalyx

Obovata

Kerrii

Australis

Lg leaf NOID

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas

HERE YE -- HERE YE

Swap time is almost upon us :-)

Lorelei brought plants by this morning for me to pass along to:

Ktessa

Yvette (Sigma)

JoAn (Abarbie)

Hu-713

She wants no trades in return. They will be in the back of my maroon mini van with the rose on top so be sure and see me or "Blue Girl" Karen for pick up.

Also in the back of my van will be plants and seeds for:

Ktessa

JoAn (Abarbie) and plants for Carrie

Yvette and Kirt (Sigma)

HU-713

Pat (Frog Lady)

Sara Grossie

I'm closing trading on my list. Others may keep trading.

There will be a DONATION CAN for supplies for the children at the school. Minimum donation: $1.00

Also: NAME TAGS

PLEASE DONATE AND GET A NAME TAG BEFORE YOU BEGIN TRADING.

There will be cool weather for the swap! Yay! See you there. Sat. 9 to 12

• ktessanne13

I recieved a large pot of aloes from a neighbor's friend. It desperately needs divided. I know these are common but is anyone interested?

• shellshok

Ms. Sheila, I dont know your name on here but I have something really interestingly edible for you to try. Im sharing with you so you can keep it alive in case i kill it lol. Its not cold tolerant.

Ive been really lax again this year so I'm not prepared lol. It's cutting back time here so i have cuttings of almost everything in my yard. I will be there for the adoptions & good fellowship. Going out now to see what I can offer.

Sorry I missed some of your plants this time around Ragna! I'll be sure to pay attention earlier next time.

• ktessanne13

Hi all. I updated my idea book to reflect my trades, please let me know if I missed anyone.

@Sara Grossie if you are interested in any of the hoyas or dischidias please let me know. I probably wont bring that whole list with me Sat.

• Alex (SA-8b)

@roselee z8b S.W. Texas did you ever decide what you wanted from me? and I won't be able to be there Saturday, is there another day I could swing by and swap?

• ktessanne13

@Alex (SA-8b)if you do I'll give roselee your hoya. Just let me know!

• Sara Grossie

@ktessanne13 im interested in anything rooted with visibly veiny leaves

• ktessanne13

@Sara Grossie my list is above, not sure anything would considered veiny but the NOID has large leaves. I'll bring one for you to see.

Also if anyone else is interested in hoyas please check my list and let me know. Thanks!

• Sara Grossie

@ktessanne13 by Veiny I mean something like finlaysonii, meredithii, etc

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Our new swap site on the grounds of the Islamic Center is very nice! I drove over there today. There are a lot of picnic tables and parking is close to the tables.

As you approach 8638 Fairhaven you will see a black iron fence along the street. There are two gates. Take either one. Drive to the back of the first building and you will come to a spacious parking lot. The picnic area is on the left of the parking lot under some big trees.

Thank you Mizan and Mike for offering this lovely spot for our swap.

• shellshok

I know Im late but Ive updated my Ideabook if anyone wants anything.

• ktessanne13

shellshok I'd love some agapanthus, I have a haworthia and some aloes packed up.

• mamachile

Ragna and all fellow plant nutters, it is a pleasure to welcome all. I'm glad the icsa guardian let us use the picnic areas. Mike has a key to the mobile home school cafeteria... that's the bathroom and I hope it rains Friday instead of Saturday or in case it decided to pour that's where we are going to end up in.
    I don't have plants to give away but I'll bring a pot of Texas red oak seedling about 12" tall if Sarah is interested. As usual I'm bringing pots of coffee and some muffins for all to share. See you guys and gals.

• ktessanne13

I'll be bringing cupcakes!

• sigma3

Shellshok I’d like to trade for Celeste cuttings.

• mamachile

Ktessanne13, cupcakes are welcome too. Hahaha

• LeapingFrogLady Valdez

Did anyone want yellow water iris? I won't bring unless you request. I have to get them from my pond.

• LeapingFrogLady Valdez

I would love any ferns and shade plants if you have any. Does anyone happen to have a Columbine?

• LeapingFrogLady Valdez

Does anyone have a rosemary plant? I would like one that is rooted?

• LeapingFrogLady Valdez

HU I have a tail cactus but it isn't like the long fuzzy kind. It's small but it produces bright orange flowers. I can bring you some pieces if you want.

• LeapingFrogLady Valdez

Simgma3 I have a cardamon for you. :)

• shellshok

Ms. Pat, may I have a red crinum? I'll dig you up a canna. Thanks!

• shellshok

Ktessanne- can I trade you the agapanthus for school house lily instead?

• darlenegalindo

Shellshok, I"m interested in your thai and lime basil cuttings. Also, you said you had other ornamental varieties of potato vine? I have cuttings of chipotle and guacamole. I'm also interested in cuttings of your golden, cebu blue, and polynesia ivies. I have variegated agave pups, a variegated aloe pup, a variegated cactus pad, cuttings of white morning glory bush, and a sweet autumn clematis plant if you are interested. Thanks.

• ktessanne13

Shellshok the schoolhouse lilies are just bulbs but I have plenty so sure!

@sigma3, @roselee, @sara Grossie,@loreleicomal will not attending the plant swap my father is in the hospital and sadly it will be impossible for me to attend if it’s okay with you guys I can contact you guys later for a trade with the plants we had discussed before.

• Sara Grossie

@HU-967557713 oh no! All the best to you and your family

• sigma3

Hu967557713 so sorry to hear. Of course we can make other arrangements. Sending well wishes to your family.

• ktessanne13

@HU-967557713 sorry to hear that, all the best to you & your family.

Thanks all for a fun day despite the chill! It was great meeting you all. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Thank you all for the well wishes

• mamachile

HU-967557713 sorry to hear about your father. Wishing for a speedy recovery for him.

• LeapingFrogLady Valdez

Glad to see everyone again. Thanks for all the great plants. HU, praying for your dad that all will be well. Hope to see you all again in the spring. :)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas

We had a wonderful swap, but I wouldn't expect anything less from a bunch of SAPS? LOL

Yes, it was a little on the cool side. All agreed it was way better than hot which San Antonio has had enough of for a while. It was windy too, but I was more 'blown away' by the variety and abundance of plants, some quite rare.

We were sorry that several of you had things come up unexpectedly and were unable to attend including our swap organizer Lorelei. We trust we'll see you next time.

Following are a few photos of lots of happy swappers. I'm afraid I missed getting photos of a couple of people ... so sorry ... :-(

...

...

...

...

Continued next post ...

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas

...

...

...

...

More next post ...

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas

...

...

...

...

More to come...

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas

...

...

One of the highlights of the day was a tour of the beautiful mosque conducted by Mike ...

...

...

Still more next post ...

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas

...

...

It's an absolutely gorgeous place inside and out.

Mizan and Mike say we are welcome to have our future swaps at the center's lovely picnic grounds. Yay!

We are so lucky to have wonderful weather to be outside planting our new acquisitions! I'll be doing just that tomorrow. How many of you have at least some of your stuff planted?

Happy Gardening!

• abarbie4me2

Great pics! Cuttings potted; That's as far as I got today lol. Thx everyone

• mamachile

Ragna, Awesome pictures. I was having so much fun I didn't notice it was past 12 noon. Lol. We did good Ragna. We didn't want to collect anymore plants but could say no to two cute succulents and a bag of shallot seeds. Thank you to JoAnn and John. Thank you Sheila. Thank you all. We missed Lorelei, Mara, Patty, msbyrd and other regulars. God willing hope to see all next swap in the spring.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex

I missed y'all too. It looks like it was great swap, darn it all.

• loreleicomal

Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry I missed this swap but plan and hope to be there in April. I have been thoroughly enjoying San Francisco weather and the plants here though!

• MsRed Byrd

Me too...hope to see all next swap in the spring.

• darlenegalindo

I had a great time and came home with a bunch of great plants. I can't wait for the spring swap. Thanks again to everyone that I received plants from. So worth the drive.

• mamachile

Lorelei, do bring home a redwood in a plate. Mike and I visited Muir garden many years ago it’s fabulous.
    Oh what do you and everybody else think of Saturday April 11th 2020 for the spring swap?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Mizan, the date suggested sounds good to me!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas

HU-713, I hope things are going well for your father. In the meantime, you might want to set up your Houzz page to send and receive messages.