this is my foyer, what sconces should I use?

Darlene Cere_Brayton
August 13, 2019

Before we renovated there were sconces on either side of the mirror.
I can’t decide if I should instal new ones ( at a loss), or just have it dry walled.
I would need to have sconces that have a 6” backplate to cover the wiring.
Any suggestions??? All appreciated, thank you!
Please be kind, it’s a work in progress:)

Comments (7)

  • K Laurence

    Sconces if you need or desire the lighting. The table & space too narrow for the buffet lamps. I’m not good at uploading pics, just google “sconces with 6” backplates” ... you’ll get lots to choose from depending upon your style.

  • Darlene Cere_Brayton

    I agree that the space is too narrow, they are there purely for illumination at this time.
    I will post another pic without the lamps to see if I get suggestions on specific sconces for this space.
    Thanks K Laurence!

  • mountie

    My suggestions would be: Yes, install new wall sconces,; remove the buffet lamps as they are too big; remove the bowl of greenery as it blocks the mirror; find some object that is lower in scale to place on the table.

  • Darlene Cere_Brayton

    Without the lamps.
    Suggestions for sconces please.

  • Anne Duke

    I think the area will be more versatile long term without sconces. One shorter lamp on the inside corner and try the plants elsewhere, at least until you get the table and lamp right.

  • PRO
    JudyG Designs

    There are wires in the box and unless removed you can not cover with drywall. Left as is in the photos, the only thing you can do is have a removable cover.

    Lamps and plant are too big for the table.

    You need not just look for sconces with a 6” backplate. You can buy any 6” backplate and then have the sconce you want work with it.

    I like this up/down 2 light cork sconce with your floors and window treatment.

  • Darlene Cere_Brayton

    Judy G Designs, I really like those! Do you happen to have a source?

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268