winki9

exterior colors for little red MCM house

winki9

Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions and advice for this house. I like the red, though it is faded (currently Cabot Tile Red, but most likely going with a BM stain, color tbd). The front door trim needs to be fixed as there is some rot, especially around the side light. The trim does not stand out at all, which I may want to change. The white trim on around the window is too white, in my opinion. The white boards on the bottom are azek, and I'm not sure whether to paint them the red of the siding to make them blend in or something else. There is white stucco on the back of the house, below the red siding, and again, it's too white for me. I'm thinking perhaps a neutral greigey taupe or something along those lines. The back deck was recently stained BM CW-75 Randolph Stone, a color pulled from the stone of the chimney. The front door is BM 2129-20 Soot. Any thoughts or suggestions? I sure could use some help before I pull the trigger...Thanks in advance!

• winki9

Couple more pics...

• winki9

Pics won't post

• njmomma

following

• winki9

I'm trying to post some photos, but having difficulties. Tech is definitely not my strength. Neither is picking paint colors ;)

• cat_ky

If it were me, I would use the same stain it is. I love the color of your house.

winki9 thanked cat_ky
    LB Interiors

I love the rich color. I would just repaint the roof fascia trim and all other trim 'white'. The color of your lower rear level.

winki9 thanked LB Interiors
  • acm

Agree that the white parts are too white. I'd either match the porch color or take some tone from the stone chimney.

winki9 thanked acm
  • winki9

Thank you! The siding will definitely stay red because I love it as well. I'm thinking maybe something like thunder AF-685 for the stucco and trim. LB Interiors, do you think all of the trim should be that color? Around the front door and side light as well as windows and along roof? Do you think it should all be highlighted like that?

LB Interiors

@winki9. Yes I think 'all trim' would be so nice. Yes windows and roof fascia, around door too. It will show the structural details and highlight the architecture of your home.

I can't see the entry door, but it's also an option to add a 3rd complementary color. A bit of drama and will make more of a statement.

I'm seeing it as a large top heavy, all one color, with a few windows trim detailed. Painting the rest of the trim, will bring it all together,

LB Interiors

Similar vision if you replace this style with yours. Highlights detail and structural design