kawon_kim

Help with furniture placement in entry way/living/kitchen space!

Kawon Kim

Hello designer friends!

I would appreciate your help arranging furniture in my living area (1st photo). The windows are floor to ceiling and face north, with blinds installed.

My goals are:

1. Distinguish a sort of "mud room" entry way from the living area by placing some sort of storage furniture to the right of the door. I bought an IKEA bench (2nd photo) for this purpose, but curious if others have other solutions/ideas. My preferred dimensions for this piece would be 41" width/ 41" height/ 11" depth.
  2. Arranging the sofa and kitchen island. I have a tan leather couch (3rd photo) 74" width/ 32" height/ 35" depth, two small accent chairs (4th photo) and looking to get a kitchen island (5th photo). I would like for the living area to be as welcoming as possible as people enter/come down the stairs. There will be no TV in the living area, so the sofa can be placed either against the left wall or windows in the photo.

Thank you in advance!

I’m confused.

Addressing #1: storage furniture to the right of the door. Do you mean “right” looking at the plan…the solid wall?

Addressing #2: "people enter coming down the stairs”… so not coming in the door where you want a ‘mudroom” area?

Pictures would help me : > )

• Kawon Kim

Hi Judy, thanks for visiting my post!

1. I hope this photo helps visualize what I mean. The green is where the couch currently sits and the red is where I would like to put the island. The blue is where I would like to put some sort of bookshelf or bench.

2. I was just trying to say I would like the living area to be as welcoming as possible when people enter the living space.

Hope that clears things up! Looking forward to your insights