yumelizabeth

Master bath problem

yumelizabeth

This is the current situation in the master bath. The counters and floor/wall tile clash to me. Redoing counters or tearing out tile are not an option. I have a gray bath mat, would painting walls and/or cabinets gray help at all? Any advice?

• Karen Rose

I think painting both walls and cabinets would greatly improve it.

yumelizabeth thanked Karen Rose
  • Karen Rose

Is that Cambria? I think I have the same in my kitchen, Highgate.

• girl_wonder

First, it's not horrible but I agree it could be better. To my eye, the individual elements are nice but they aren't tied together. I think the counter is pretty and with the floor, it's not that bad, but combined with the wood vanity and beige wall and the white door and trim...you've got a lot of beige and grey going on. If it were me, and I was exploring options, I'd start by introducing color via a nice colorful bath mat and towels and put a plant or orchid on the vanity, to give it some life. Yes, I agree with Karen, painting the walls and vanity both would help, but you could start by taking the easy way out, maybe even stop at a store tomorrow. (and if you don't like the color towels, you can take them back). This could help you see what's possible and help you think of what color to paint the wall. Some people paint their cabinets colors, like navy or really any color. Maybe something to consider. Good luck!

yumelizabeth thanked girl_wonder
  • yumelizabeth

Karen, I believe it’s Cambria Swanbridge.

• Connie Stackhouse

do you have a glass shower door or shower curtain? If the latter, I would get (or keep) one that I really liked and then choose accessories in colors from the curtain. Your backdrop is rather neutral. A colorful rug, towels, and vanity accessories would add interest. I would also add cabinet hardware in the same finish as your bath fixtures

yumelizabeth thanked Connie Stackhouse
    Skippack Tile & Stone

Gray is not your friend here; don't paint that color. Look for a pretty aqua/blue tone for the walls and it will go a long way to unify what's there now.

yumelizabeth thanked Skippack Tile & Stone
  • rachann61

I think the beige paint on the walls is the problem. Both stones are pretty. What kind of lighting is in there? Different bulbs can be blue tone or yellow tone. I like the wood tone cabinet. I think it marries the two stones together. I would start with lots and lots of paint cards of all colors to see what works and what doesn’t. I think you should highlight the countertop. That is the element you live with the most when using a bathroom

yumelizabeth thanked rachann61