seobrie

Seeking recommendations for white paint for kitchen cabinets

Sarah

Doing a kitchen reno and have fallen in love with Hanstone Montauk quartz for the counter tops, described as white, grey, brown and warm. Now I need to pick a Benjamin Moore white for the cabinets. I always thought I'd use white dove, but am finding it too yellow/creamy. I'm liking chantilly lace, but is it too white? Trying to create an all white kitchen that is warm and inviting, not cool and sterile. See my inspiration photo below...I have the same flooring. Thanks for the help.

• cpartist

Forgive me for saying this but white on white on white tends towards feeling cool and sterile no matter what white you use.

• live_wire_oak

One dimensional. Chantilly Lace is a cool green. If you want warm, you need a warm white, and several shades of it. That will be a yellow white, a warm green white, or a warm rose or peach white. That’s it. You are out of warm color tones. And you need to venture out of “white” into very light tones and shades to not be so flat, and to add depth.

IMHO, your inspiration is far too cold. Only the floors are warm. The rest is sterile and flat. That’s the very type of kitchens that are getting posted every day on here with the “Help me warm up my COLD kitchen!” title.

• Holly Stockley

Tough love, but live_wire_oak and CP are correct.

You're going to want to layer your whites to give it some depth. Or, yes, it's going to have that oh-so-cozy Russian Medical Laboratory effect.

This is a white kitchen with grey trim. I still find it a little cold, but it might be better with a wood floor:

You might manage the same effect with different shades of warm white on the walls and trim.

Wood can also warm up a space. Is there room for an island with a butcher block top? The copper hardware in this photo also provides a warming element.

In terms of warm white paints, look at BM Simply White and Cloud White and see how those look in your space. And go from there.

• Momofthree Ma

We did BM Simply white in our last kitchen and we are doing it again in this kitchen. It is a creamy, warm white and would look great with the stone you’ve picked, the Montauk was actually one of my choices when we were looking.
    This is our old kitchen.

• chloebud

"...look at BM Simply White and Cloud White..."

Agree^