jmullican6

Help with very large fireplace mantle

jmullican6

We just bought a home with a very large fireplace - and it's not very pretty. We eventually will resurface it to more match the feel of the home. In the meantime, how to I decorate such an enormous mantle. The mantle itself is 2'6" deep and 7'3" across. Our TV is mounted above it. That's definitely not my first choice, but seems to be my only option. We live right on a lake and one wall of the room is solid sliding doors with a beautiful view. I've tried putting the things I had on our mantle at our old house, but they look tiny on such a huge space. HELP please!

• fraker

I have a massive mantel too. Following.

• katinparadise

Can you add a picture standing further back and straight on of the fireplace?

I agree a better picture but IMO since the TV is there I would not be addding too much stuff maybe a just a couple of oversized candle holders

• jalarse

Well you have the room on either side of the TV, anything large probably won’t interfere with watching the TV. I used two matching vases on either end of the fireplace mantel in the master bedroom. I stuck some hydrangeas in the vases since they seemed to match the summer fireplace screen. You have a lovely home, best of luck to you.