Looking for rug and wall decor for my living room.

Sona G

I am all confused with what color rug I should put in my living room. My couch is beige color and wall are light yellow while floor is Dark brown hardwood.My Living is open to Dining while Kitchen is closed. I also want to put rug below dinning table.In dinning area too floor is dark hardwood .

Rest of my furniture matches with floor.Please suggest rug and other decor items.

Thank you in advance :)

• decoenthusiaste

Style of furniture and room don't show without photos. Please comment and use the Photo icon to add pix of all walls and furniture for serious help.

• Sona G

Posted pic

• decoenthusiaste

The art above the sofa should hang centered 5" above it. A new rug should slip under the front 1/3 of the sofa and extend past the ends of it by a foot or more. For the dining room a rug should be 36-42" larger than the table all around so there's room for the chairs to be pulled out and sat in. What's the furniture on the left? What else is in the room? Other chairs, end tables. Do you have a coffee table? Pix of the dining room please, and we need to see more than just the piece of furniture. We need to see how it sits in the room and how it relates to other items in the room.The more photos you post the better input you'll get.

Sona G thanked decoenthusiaste
  • Sona G

Added few more pics as requested. I know light is not good but I hope it will help you to know how is living and dining area.

• Yayagal

Put the sofa picture over the center of the middle couch cushion. Also, the one in the dining room needs to be lowered. I wonder if the living room rug would fit under your dining table. Colorful throw pillows and art can make a huge difference. What are your favorite colors?

Sona G thanked Yayagal
  • Sona G

please suggest color and pattern for rugs. also is it okay to have both floral and abstract art for wall?