iamnow

Matching Jatoba hardwood with laminate or vinyl flooring

iamnow

Our new house has Jatoba on the 1st floor with stairs that pick up on one shade of the Jatoba. The 2nd floor has tile so I would like to replace that. There is radiant heating so I am quite limited. I can either do vinyl planks or up to 8mm laminate without padding. Any suggestions for colours, manufacturers etc.

Or should I just go for a light blonde maple for the hallway and adjoining rooms on the 2nd floor? I do appreciate all suggestions, thank you.

Oak & Broad

Engineered Jatoba would work over radiant heat. Trying to match with synthetic will be very hard.

iamnow thanked Oak & Broad
  • SJ McCarthy

Before you worry too much about the product (laminate or vinyl), you will need to remove the tile WITHOUT disturbing the in-floor radiant heat. I'm going to guess the tile is sitting on radiant wires and not hydronic tubing.

To jack out tiles without disturbing the wiring is SUPER DIFFICULT. I'm going to bet you will lose the radiant heat source simply by removing the tiles. Of course I'm only assuming you have radiant wires. Can you confirm what format of radiant heat you have?

iamnow thanked SJ McCarthy

Jatoba aka Brazilian Cherry

Have you considered carpeting? This article is interesting and it tells precisely what underlayment to use.

I think stain resistant carpet on the second floor/hallway and bedrooms, in a coordinate color to the stairs would be lovely.

iamnow thanked JudyG Designs