jennifer_beck75

Kitchen layout help!

Jennifer Beck
August 14, 2019
last modified: August 14, 2019

Hi! I’m totally stumped! We are renovating this 1950s kitchen. The space where the fridge is in these pictures is going to be an opening into our living room/main room. So we need to relocate the fridge. We'd like the pantry (to the left of the fridge) to stay a pantry. Plus we don't want to move the fridge there because you would be able to see it right when you walk in the front door (kitchen is in the front of the house). And the door to the right of the fridge is the stairs to the basement (we did talk about moving the stairs but not sure if that is a solution at this point). So the only thing we can think of is putting it to the left of the stove (where I highlighted in red). It is currently another pantry with a glass French door. So that would be demo-ed and fridge would go there. It's kind of in that walkway to the dining room. Is that weird???? (The grey narrow shelf has been removed if that matters and the floors will all be refinished so they are the same stain). We would be doing a counter depth French door fridge. I just don’t know if it’s weird. Refrigerators are kind of an eye sore (IMO) so maybe not the worst thing! Any ideas??? Thanks!!

Comments (15)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268