jim1961_gw

SUMMER is here... Seasonal thread part 7

Summer is here everyone! Dog days of Summer can be very trying but I hope everyone has a great Summer rose growing season!

Post pics and just have fun!

• Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal

PNWZ, that first orange rose is so lovely!

Flowers, Quietness with those water drops, just makes my heart flutter.

Lisa, I just saw your post of Evelyn and Bolero. Both are fabulous! Is that red buckwheat growing below Evelyn? I know what you mean about overdoing it. I have to be careful and moderate my activity or I end up with a migraine for days. I always want to do more than my body allows.

• jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Todays photos

Cagney today

Lacey today

Gracie today

Rug in 3 season room

I don't think damp and humid match well with wool rugs.

Decorative Planting for Small outdoor spaces in the cold seasons

Very good ideas for decorating one's outdoor space. Thank you so much for all the information. I am also into the same business and love to guide my clients and customers about their outdoor space decor. You can get some more information here: http://bit.ly/1m6G7Hl

DCLOSTBOY Report to Classy Bedroom Thread! .....please :)

Hey there. I have a blog posts that may offer a little inspiration. http://timothyriversinteriors.com/2015/04/28/the-secret-to-creating-a-killer-master-bedroom/ If you have specific questions feel free to email me timothyriversinteriors@gmail.com Happy Designing!

Memorial Day kicks off summer

And so it begins! Happy unofficial start of summer! Get ready for all the barbeques, pool parties and summer sun! Are you hosting this year’s BBQ? How about trying a new recipe for the lemonade? Try adding fresh lemons, and frozen raspberries for a little extra flavor, and reduce watering-down effect of standard ice cubes. Also try adding a little sprite or 7up for an extra refreshing fizz! Or maybe you’re opening up your Summer Home! It is beach season! J Don’t have any plans yet? How about starting a garden or planting some summer flowers? Check out some other eco-friendly ideas to enjoy the sun on Memorial Day here: 5 Eco Friendly Ideas for Memorial Day! Speaking of sun, have you seen our blackout fabrics to block the harsh glares from your skylight? We have the perfect shade complete with a fabric to match your decor. Check out our skylights shades that match all the latest summer style trends! Skylight Shades from Bloc Blinds Happy designing! Sincerely, -The Bloc Blinds USA team
  • R pnwz8a

Kristine, that’s top of the world climber, it’s a small plant right now though, almost a one cane wonder. It’s from the Spring Hill nursery sale from a couple of years ago.

• Lisa Adams

Thanks, my Evelyn has been a real bloomer this season! The tiny Bolero looked like it needed to have all those blooms cut off its tiny self.

I just saw a butterfly and quickly tried to take a picture of it. It’s not that easy to see.

Nahema, does look like an incredible rose! Nahema and Quietness were two I ran out of room for, before I could get them.

Flowers, your blooms are gorgeous! You’ve got nothing to be ashamed of from the looks of those pictures. How is Daisy doing?

R pnwz, I love the pink rose with its many shades of pink. It’s so pretty!

I can’t get over seeing that bear picture! I’d be scared to go outside! I assume they are more afraid of us, than we are of them. That’s a big looking bear for a black, though! Yikes!!

Jim, all is looking great at your place, both flowers and pets alike.

Let’s see.... not much to take a photo of this morning. How about a PCDM bloom. I really need to pick some! Lisa

Just saw something interesting on Boscobel, two very orange single blooms. It must be the heat.

Here’s a regular Boscobel bloom next to them.

Lisa

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA

R pnw, your blooms are beautiful. I think I can identify most of them, but not sure about the pale pink with deeper pink buds. And, your Top of the World climber takes one's breath away! That is the orangey-est orange I've ever seen! The climate of the pacific northwest is the best for producing great roses. I wish I had a few of your cooler days over here on the hot side of WA state.

Love your garden, Jim, but your furry babies are the most precious.

Joey, if I had to contend with bears in my garden, I might develop an interest in house plants. That's rugged country up there, albeit gorgeous.

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA

Here's a pic of the sunflower fields along the highway. As you can see, they are facing away from the camera, and not at their peak. Some fields were already brown. There are miles and miles of them.

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA

Lisa, I've never seen Evelyn produce a panicle of blooms like that. And, they're all much more cupped than mine. Just gorgeous! Your mother must have been thrilled with that bouquet from your garden. I would prefer that any day to a stiff florist bouquet and it's so much more personal.

Thank you for asking about Daisy. I know you worry constantly about little Millie and her health problems. I hope she is just as spunky and feeling as good as she was when you last reported. Daisy's tumor grew from golf ball to soft ball size in 4 weeks. That's so big for such a little body. She only weighs 6.5 lbs. Vet indicates she probably only has a few weeks left. She's eating but not gaining and sleeping a lot more. I took this pic at her last vet visit after she had been poked and prodded and squeezed and put in a trough on her back with her legs held down for an ultra sound. She had just about had it and was completely limp.

And, on a better day, but so thin. Ironically, her kidney numbers were good. Without the cancer, she could probably live a few more years with kidney disease.

• Katherine Zone 7b Oklahoma

Hi y’all! I’m new to the forum though I’ve been reading for around two years now. You have no idea how helpful all of your discussions have been to this lurker. I’ve read everything from pruning basics to discussions of rose vendors and breeders to OGR favorites, heat tolerance and placement of roses, and even giggled though a thread this morning about roses people would NEVER grow again. Thank you.

Anywho, dreams of gardens run wild are finally starting to be realized for me thanks to all of the knowledge shared here. I’m in Zone 7b, southern Oklahoma and I’m sooo ready for a break from this heat! Here’s some pics from my garden from the last month or so.

Earth Angel, new to the garden as of May this year.

Teasing Georgia, new as of May as well, with some phlox babies gifted from a gardening neighbor in the background.

Mystery DA from Lowe’s that was labeled as Wedgewood but who knows, two years old now.

And just for fun, this shot is from yesterday morning! I’ve waited my entire life to see a Luna moth and we had the pleasure of spotting one yesterday in the garden near some buddelia and hardy hibiscus! I squealed and promptly took a zillion pictures.

• jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Poor Daisy! So sorry Flowers!

Cool on sunflower fields Flowers! Bet that's a sight when in full bloom!

Wonder photos KatherinE.....

Lisa, hows Millie? And nice pics!

• titian1 10b Sydney

flowers, what a sweet face Daisy has. I'm so sorry to hear about the tumour.

Jim, it looks like I have the exact same dining room chairs as you. Do yours have a heart shape cutout in the back?

Welcome, Katherine. And thank you for posting those photos. I hadn't heard of a lunar moth before. What a curious shape - looks like a cartoon ghost.

I have been enjoying everyone's photos and chat. This cold doesn't seem to want to leave me, though I have been feeling much better this week, and finally had some energy. Been chopping back Summer Memories, a lot of which is dead wood. It's a beast - very thorny and large. I've just cut it back to around a metre, and will let it regrow for this summer. If I remove all the affected roses at once it'll be so barren.

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA

Thanks, Jim. I remember well when Cagney was so sick and not eating. It's good to see her looking healthy now. These little guys sure tug at our hearts.

Katherine, welcome to the most fun thread on the Rose Forum. As you can see, this thread doesn't adhere to any specific rose topic. I hope you will visit us often and share more of your gorgeous roses.

Lurkers are welcome and we love it when we get to meet you and your roses. There are expert rosarians here and others of us limping along, learning as we go. Your roses are so lovely, I think you must fall into the expert category.

Trish, you've been through all this with your Rosie, so you know better than some of us what it's like caring for a disabled pet. I hope Rosie has recovered from her surgery and has a new lease on life. I keep telling myself to be a grown up and just handle this set back with Daisy. You must have one of those miserable colds that just won't go away. Your spring is just beginning, if I have my seasons right, and a good time to get well so you can get going on your gardening season. I'm sorry you have to cut Summer Memories back so hard. It's one of the most beautiful creamy whites and I'm sure you enjoy it.

• titian1 10b Sydney

Oh Diane, I've had a thought. I'm going to paint undiluted Phyton straight on when I cut roses back. I should have done this with Summer Memories, but forgot. But I'll make some fresh cuts and do it.

• titian1 10b Sydney

flowers, Rosie is going for walks, but she still favours that leg, and limps sometimes. I think this is as good as it is going to get. It's very different to what you're going through with Daisy. It is heartbreaking watching them go downhill. Unfortunately, it's often part and parcel of having pets. I do feel for you. Yes, it is nearly Spring here, though it is grey and cold today, after blasts from the South yesterday. I have enjoyed seeing more of your roses and garden. Please keep those photos coming!

• Lisa Adams

Welcome, Katherine! You have some very nice roses there. I especially love your Earth Angel. This is a great place to talk roses, plants, and whatever else is going on.

Flowers, those pictures of Daisy are so precious! I’m sorry that you’re both going through this hard time. I know it’s so difficult. I keep “waiting for the other shoe to fall”, so to speak. Millie is doing very well, but I hold my breath when I see her each morning. She’s really as well as she’s been since first getting sick in May.

We are about to take a nap, but Millie has started without me. Today isn’t very hot, so she’ll get to go outside early today.

I’ve disturbed her, and now she snuck out the patio door while I went to retrieve my cut PCDM blooms.

I’m going to take a little rest, and then find some other things to put in the vase with them. For now, they are a little plain. At least I finally cut them and brought them inside. The rest will have to wait. First I need to round up Millie, and then that all important nap! Lol Lisa

• Lisa Adams

Wonder why my pictures are sideways in this post???? Lisa

• pippacovalent

So many great photos...I'm so impressed with that Luna moth those are amazing!

Souvenir de la Malmaison today when the high is only 90, much cooler...

Charles Darwin with pink tones today

Julia Child still being swallowed by alyssum LOL!!

Compassion

• jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

No heart shaped back on our chairs titian1!

Hi Millie!

Wonderful photos everyone!

Tonights sky looked cool I thought...lol

• HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada

@Joe - cool bear pic. We get them at the cottage sometimes. I'll admit it makes me nervous to go outside by myself.

@Flowers- this batch of roses are lovely. Actually all of your photos are great, so post more! Sorry about your little Daisy. She looks like a real sweetheart.

@r pnwz - your roses are great too. Very vivid colouring. I think I know a few of them. But could you please id them for us?

@Lisa - Your Evelyn photos are making me want her for next year. I really like the form yours are showing. And Bolero is just a fantastic rose overall.

@Lilyfinch - I know exactly what you are talking about with needing a break. When Aiden was younger, I had many moments of just needing some alone time. My husband was gone a lot too. Long days, leaving before 7 am and getting home 13 hours later. Then he sometimes travels too. I never had any help or childcare. It was always just me and him. Now that he is in school, it's great for both of us. The plus side is that we are very close and have a great bond. Just hang in there, it will get easier. Enjoy the little moments & treat rewards! Love the bird pictures too!!!

• jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Hostas still growing and flower is now blooming at my grandparents gravesite...

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Looks beautiful Jim

• R pnwz8a

Halloblondie! I edited my posts but do not know what the pink rose is! Id that one if you can. It’s a grandiflora which is about 7 ft bush in my yard..

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

Don't anyone laugh, but Rpnw, could this be Queen Elizabeth, a pink grandiflora--in fact the first so called grandiflora created?

Jim, your are such a devoted grandson. Your grandparents grave is looking beautiful. More later. Diane

• R pnwz8a

Diane, why would anyone laugh at u.. it’s my bad that I keep forgetting that it is queen elizabeth

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/3199025/identify-this-please

When this bush was a baby of 2 ft.

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA

Pippa, I thought your SdlM was Quietness before I read the caption. Nahema has a similar look. I expected her to have fewer petals and cupped form. This makes me a little less sad that my 4 yr old SdlM has never bloomed. Nahema is only about 2' tall, but is already producing beautiful, mature looking blooms that have a wonderful strong fragrance. I honestly didn't expect her to do much here, but I took a chance. So glad I did. Now, if she can just make it through our winters, she'll be a superstar.

Nahema, softer color in person. I am over the moon about this rose.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

What do you mean this beauty is a "softer color in person", Flowers? She's perfection and the soft color is exquisite! As are your earlier photos posted above. I loved your Paul Bocuse so much, I looked it up. You are too modest.....And I am so sorry about Daisy, the pretty little thing. I have been in your shoes, and I know how hard this is for you. How old is Daisy? I hope she is currently comfortable and can get some remaining joy out of her life. Get those treats out, Flowers. Take care, friend. I am thinking of you. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

Rpnw, I am glad I don't have to eat my words, and you are certain of your QE. Diane

• Gabi (Montréal Zone 4/5)

Very nice pictures guys ! Here are a few from my garden. It is a bit in between flush right now.

Morden Blush (forever in bloom)

Gentle Hermione

Queen of Sweden

Rose-Marie

• jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Nanadoll, I was raised by my grandparents from 2 years old up until they passed in 1986 and 87... So they were more like parents... My real mom and dad are still living and I have a relationship with both...

Ok about our Smoke Bush...After researching I'll probably allow our Smoke Bush to grow 4 years then I'll cut to ground and let it start over then repeat every 4 years... Reason, I've read where Smokebush can turn into monsters with regular pruning methods used...

So Nanadoll, better research before you prune your Smokebush...lol

http://www.rathersquare.com/2014/08/how-not-to-prune-a-smoke-tree/

Nice photos everyone! Gabi, Flowers, R pnwz!

• joeywyomingz4b

Gabi thanks for your pictures, I love hearing about roses that can be grown in colder climates. Especially Queen of Sweden, I have admired her for a while.

• Gabi (Montréal Zone 4/5)

Thank you Joey. I LOVE Queen of Sweden but, and its a big but, it is supposed to be one of the hardiest David Austin, listed zone 4... Well it is not for me. I know we had an awful winter, starting in october ending mid april...but all my other DA did pretty good with very little lost except for Fair Bianca who also had a really tough time. I lost one QoS and the other had only one cane surviving. It does look a tad sad, but I still have hope that it can recover.

The other I grow are James Galway, Rose Marie, Generous Gardener, Abraham Darby, Gertrude Jekyll, Gentle Hermione, Scepter'd Isle. The top 3 hardiest would be #1 Generous gardener, #2 Scepter'd Isle and #3 Gentle Hermione.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

Jim, still, you are an exceptional grandson. I think we should consult with Flowers, too, about smokebush pruning. She prunes hers, which is still in a pot the last I knew, and says it's very forgiving of pruning. I'm going to do some more research, too. Our smokebush is a Proven Winners smaller sized hybrid so it may be different. I've got to do something because mine looks like a giant spider.

Lovely photos, Gabi, especially Queen of Sweden with her subtle coloring. My you are a long way from me--not quite as far as our Australian members, though. Diane

• joeywyomingz4b

Ultra Violet is showing me some lovely different shades of purple as the blooms age.

Queen Nefertiti right before the hail hit...alas this bloom is no more...

On the bright side, at least we don't need to worry about wildfires this week and the one on the other side of the mountain should be well and truly out!

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR

Gabi, Morden Blush is a very double rose. Photos on HMF roses. Your photos are lovely.

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA

Sheila is right, Gabi. I've never seen Morden Blush look like this. Here's one of mine. Is it a possible wrong ID, or does the weather cause this? When it's super hot, mine just don't bloom or the blooms get small and white.

• Gabi (Montréal Zone 4/5)

Sheila, flowersaremusic, That is funny, I have three Morden Blush and only one is more double and I always wondered why ! May be the other two were misidentified ? I bought each one at different time, consequently I always thought it was the more double that was mistaken. They are planted in three at the same place therefore the weather would not be of any influence I guess. Although, I do prefer the more simple one, I always thought they kept a rather more elegant form from blooming to wilting. On the downside, they do get eaten quite faster by those bloody Japanese beetles.

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA

Diane, I know Peanut Butter was your love and you still miss him. We won't tell Clancy and Finn that Peanut Butter was very special and might have even been a favorite. I've lost other kitties and dogs, but Daisy is my special one.

Paul Bocuse wouldn't be hard to fit into your already full garden since he's upright. I couldn't decide between Paul and Versigny, and ended up with both, thinking V would be the better of the two, and I DO love him, but Paul's color is less brassy in my climate and soil.

Trish, I hope, hope, hope using Phyton as you plan will solve the problem and you can stop worrying about that dreaded scourge destroying your roses. I bet Rosie still loves going for walks, even with a limp. Put a harness and leash on a cat and they suddenly become glued to the ground.

Lisa, my PCdM will be blooming soon, but she's got a lot to live up to. Those bouquets you create with her are wonderful. Anyone who has put a bouquet together knows it's not as easy as just shoving roses in a vase.

Blondie, I will post more if they will bloom more! What a sorry season. Hoping for a better fall.

Jim, you've worked wonders at your grandparent's gravesite. Beautiful sunset!! And, as far as the smokebush, I'm hanging my head in shame. Still in the nursery pot, but still alive. I saved the site you referenced.

Gabi, if you prefer the more single looking Morden Blush, that's all that matters. I'm appreciating the singles and semi doubles more this year, so I get it.

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR

I don't recognize your pretty single rose, Gabi, but that has happened to all of us. Your singles must be misidentified. I loved my Morden Blush in Alaska, and they say it does well in heat so I might have to get it down here too. It has taken me awhile to recognize I got the wrong "baby" sometimes too. It's great when they are so pretty anyway.

• jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Our Smokebush is also a proven winners ...(Winecraft black) Our SB has one stem growing upwards of near 2ft...lol...hummm...I see a spider shape coming too...lol... One legged spider...lol

Wonderful pics!

• pippacovalent

Soul Sister

Twilight Zone

South Africa

Francis Dubreuil aka Barcelona

Seems like a bunch of roses are starting up again!

• HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada

@r pnwz- Thanks for the id's. The pink one I had no idea on anyways; so thankfully Diane did. I did fairly well guessing on the others though.

@Katherine - great to have new posters, welcome! I always forget that there are lurkers browsing regularly. Your roses look good for a newbie. And that moth is neat. As for your mystery Austin, I do not think it is wedgewood. Based on the colour I thought of Princess Alexandra of Kent or Jubilee Celebration maybe. But if you go the Austin website, it should be fairly easy to narrow it down. If it was a light pink one it would be a lot harder to figure out.

@Gabi - you mentioned winter hardiness and your order of what has done well for you. It's always good to hear experience in similar zones. But I had to laugh because the only 2 Austin's I have lost are Gentle Hermione and Sceptre'd Isle. I would give them another chance though. I think sometimes it's just a matter of the spot you plant them in and a bit of luck with the plant you get. Many other roses I have should have died after winter and they are still around. It's nice to see roses in a similar climate. I have heard good things about the generous gardener, so I should probably try that one too.

@Pippa - I see you have a lot of roses in bloom right now. I'm amazed at how fresh they look with your heat.

• pippacovalent

Oh there are so many beautiful photos from you all!! My roses have really started up again now that our temps have dropped to highs in the low 90s. It's fun seeing some of the baby roses bloom because so many of them were just planted at the beginning of summer.

Flowersaremusic...yes!! That SDLM photo looks so much like Quietness I had to double check before I posted it because I thought I was mistaken but I wasn't. It's so neat how roses can change their looks so easily and often.

Halloblondie .... I really think my secret is water...lots of water through a drip system.

Lilyfinch....I don't think I ever answered your question but my toddler is 3. His older brother is disabled so although he is 17 he is mentally less than half that age and it's amazing how well they get along and have fun together, but unfortunately he isn't ever able to babysit like a lot of siblings his age can and he really can't be alone with the toddler. So it's just really exhausting LOL!! I'm not complaining though... I feel very fortunate for every aspect of my life, but boy would it be nice to be able to afford a mother's helper to at least come help watch them while I get some things done. My to-do list is sooooooo long!!!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

Stop this thread--I want to get on! And the darn thing moves so fast I am dizzy.

Rpnw, I just love your Emma Hamilton, which I looked up. She seems liked by many, and the photos on HMF were really lovely. How does your Emma stack up compared to Boscobel and Julia C (I grow both those and love them). I'm really considering getting Emma if I say bye bye to more annoying roses still in my garden. All your photos are great, but Emma really caught my eye.

Katherine, your mystery Austin is quite luscious. I'm voting for Jubilee Celebration. I don't think she's PAoK. That luna moth photo you took is a stunner. How did you do it? I can barely photograph a honeybee. We have people on this thread who routinely photograph hummingbirds, which I can never catch, either.

Trish, I hope your cold has bit the dust at last. I've had awful allergy problems this summer--the worst ever. Could your cold be allergies? I'm an itch and sneeze machine. Just sick of it.....Phyton is a copper based fungicide and bacteriocide, so I hope your technique works. Did the instructions recommend this? Might as well try everything. I don't think Phyton had any effect on insects in your garden because it's not an insecticide. Good luck--I truly hope you find some solution to the disease problem your roses have been plagued with. I'm glad Rosie is doing so well. How was your visit with your friend? I hope you didn't exhaust yourself with awful housework. Do like I do and eat a hot fudge sundae for dinner (I did that tonight).

Lisa, it was so good to see Millie's photos with her looking like her old self. Hope you got a good nap. Princess Charlene is a beauty, and I'd be perfectly happy with your so called "plain" bouquet.

Blondie, I love Big Purple in the center of all those luscious Limelight hydrangeas. I used to grow Big Purple and called my two Big Magenta, but yours has a lovely purple color. Falstaff is gorgeous, another rose I would love to grow. And those dahlias! Love them, and the incredible variety of plants you grow. Hope you had a great time at the in laws. What a fun packed summer.

I'll continue this book length post tomorrow. Bear with me and sleep tight. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

I forgot--I wanted to mention two roses that have been outstanding for blooming this season: The Prince and Tamora. The Prince started blooming around May 10, and he's still at it. He's never quite, though he went through a period of terrible thrips infestation which required my removing dozens and dozens of buds and blooms from the poor guy. Along with so much blooming, The Prince has doubled in size and totally fills up his space. What has caused this? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Tamora has always been a good all around rose, but this year has been extra nice. She she started blooming around May 20, only taking a very brief break in July, and has continued blooming since. Here are some pics of The Prince (or as I cheesily like to call him, Da Pwince). Tomorrow will be Tamora's turn. Diane

• HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada

@Diane - Ooh la la! Love that Prince. He is on my wishlist too! I had a great time at my in-laws. I
    also ended up bringing an extra kid home for a few days. Aiden loves all of his cousins, but he has a very special bond with one of them. She is just 1 year older than him and they are besties. Never a fight or any issues, so she is a pleasure to have. Yesterday we went to a small zoo near us and they got to feed giraffes and other animals. After reading about your sundae as a meal, I don't feel bad that their lunch consisted of snacks and ice cream, haha!

Here's a few pics too. Roses are Benjamin Britten, Charles Austin, Oscar Peterson & Othello.

• jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Thanks everyone for posting such wonderful pics and all the good talk!

BUT its time for a NEW THREAD...lol

HERRE:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5774021/summer-is-here-seasonal-thread-part-8

• Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal

Nanadoll,
    you really captured The Prince! What amazing purple!
    Haloblondie,
    Benjamin Britten is very charming. Sweet kids. Oh to be young again eating ice cream on a hot summer day. DH and I go to Palm Springs almost every year for a weekend. We alway head to the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens for the day. Love their giraffe exhibit and watching all the kids feeding them carrots. They have such crazy long black tongues!
    Jim,
    Those Hostas sure are coming along nicely!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

Trying to comment on Flowers latest post, but only the older part of this thread shows up for me. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

Me again, Flowers. Your two day old post finally showed up for me on this thread. I noticed it had not been liked--so I think no one else saw it, either. It was a lovely, long and informative post, too. Blasted Houzz. Diane

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA

Thanks, Diane. You wouldn't have missed much, anyway. It's crazy trying to actually say something on this site. All we can really hope for is just a random comment that needn't be responded to.