Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caroline_mobley

Desperately need help with difficult living room!

Caroline M
4 years ago

I have NO idea how to arrange furniture in this room to fit our lifestyle and still look decent. My living room is a little on the small side, but what makes it even more difficult is that there is some aspect of each wall that in my opinion shouldn’t be covered up with furniture. There’s a fireplace on one wall, a great big window that has the most beautiful morning light on another wall, and finally the other two walls have large openings to other areas of the house - the foyer and dining room.

I know how I could make this into a beautiful formal sitting room, but that just doesn’t fit our lifestyle at the time. We have a baby on the way, and we’d like to make this the room we spend most of our time in, as it’s just off the dining room/kitchen. So I need a TV in this room - I prefer no TV over the fireplace, but my husband wants the TV directly in front of whatever comfy furniture we put in the room. We also need to maximize seating for guests, so we will need more than just 2 chairs in here. We really want the furniture to be comfy but also look nice. Smaller pieces tend to fit better and look nicer, but we really need comfortable furniture in this room.

I have uploaded 2 pictures, one from magicplan app that has all the dimensions of the room and one from the listing of my house before we bought it.

Any and all advice would be so much appreciated!!

Comments (2)