FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

recordaras

Broken cabinet piece - how bad is this?

recordaras
last modified: August 21, 2019

Apologies in advance for a likely very stupid question, but we are in the process of buying a condo and the kitchen cabinets are frameless Ultracrafts with peeling paint and lots of damage from those stuck on childproofing things. A full remodel is not in the budget right now, and based on what I’ve read about frameless Ultracraft a reface is probably not wise either. I was hoping to get the cabinets professionally refinished, and in 5 years or so after we’ve recovered a bit from the cost of DC real estate to replace.

But then the inspector pointed out this. Any idea what kind of fix this requires? I know nothing about frameless cabinets, so not sure if this is a major structural issue that will be $$$, or a fairly simple replacement of just that one broken part.