pippacovalent

Which one for a pot?

pippacovalent
August 26, 2019

We just bought a new giant pot for the patio and I keep roses in huge pots around where we sit outside. I choose them for fragrance, interesting looks, or both. They have to be special to earn a spot there lol. I have Charles Darwin which has amazing fragrance and a unique and beautiful look, Rose de Recht for fragrance and cute button blooms, Distant Drums for looks first but I also love it's fragrance, and now I need to choose a new one for the new pot. I already have Jude the Obscure and Beverly on order and was thinking maybe to choose between those? The pot is huge, like bigger than a half barrel, so I think size isn't an issue. What rose would you want in a pot by where you sit outside? It doesn't have to be one of the 2 I mentioned. I don't think an upright tall rose would look as good really than something more full so I'm not even sure about Beverly s shape. I feel like Jude makes the most sense but I was thinking the flowers on something like Beverly look more striking and are supposed to be fragrant. I don't know...lol...any other other ideas or input?

Comments (18)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268