melissa_sylvester39

Our exterior brick house needs to get her groove back, help please :)

Melissa Sylvester
September 1, 2019

We bought our traditional 60's ranch 3 years ago and have updated almost every aspect of the interior to a bright, happy space. But the exterior still looks like she is 90 years old, and we are desperate to get her groove back. The only thing we have done is replace the door.

I hate how the walkway is red, brick is red, and the white just screams at you. Our windows and roof will need to be replaced in the next few years, so I would like to have a game plan in place so it turns out cohesive.

Should we paint the brick? We are thinking of a deep color- like a deep forrest green or deep grey... or going white.

Or should we paint all of the white a deeper color to compliment the red better? If we didn't paint the brick I would want to remove the walkway and maybe do a modern paver. Guessing you can't paint walkway tile?

Landscaping ideas? When we replace the windows, should we lose the vinyl siding under the windows?

Attaching a photo of our house, and inspiration pictures to show our style (A modern/homey look)

Many thanks!