feathers11

Regulating body temp in air conditioning

Feathers11
September 4, 2019

As I get older (recently turned 50), I'm finding it more difficult to tolerate air conditioning. I just spent the past week in a hospital with my elderly father where the AC was blasting. I stayed evenings with a family member who prefers their AC at 73 degrees, which I found too cold. Shivered through a few dinners at restaurants. Grocery stores seem to be freezing, too. It was 85 or so outside during the days, so my respite was just sitting in my hot car.

In cooler weather, I dress for the cold and it doesn't bother me. In summer, I like to go sleeveless and wear dresses and skirts, but I freeze in the air conditioning. This wasn't an issue when I was younger--my body seemed to regulate its temperature quite easily. But now I'm going to have to bring a sweater with me everywhere I go now.