sylvia_gordon97

Fort Worth Autumn swap Saturday October 12th 2019 Forest Park

Sylvia Gordon

Fort Worth Autumn swap Saturday October 12th 2019 Forest Park, starting about 9 a.m., but people drift in all morning LOL.
From I-30, go south on University, and turn left into the park.
The zoo will be on your left and the reptile facility on your right.
Follow the road to a parking lot on the right with a pavilion behind it.
I will put signs up on University and at the parking lot.
Rules are simple, and can be summed up in one sentence:It's that old golden do unto others thing.
Make your offers in good faith, and don't put someone on the spot.
While you can trade your cow for someone else's magic beans, please don't ask someone to trade their cow for your magic beans!
If you have arranged a pre-trade, and your trading partner declines once they see your offering, nothing more needs to be said.Maybe they misunderstood, maybe you misunderstood, it doesn't matter. Whatever you have brought, I will guarantee someone else will want it!
People put their pre trades under the picnic tables along with the things they have received, so things that are under the tables are not available for trade... so please don't go grubbing through under-the-table stuff and getting excited!
Things that are available for trade are on top of the tables.
All you have to do is come to an agreement with the person who brought the item before you pick up the item.
We bring plants, seeds, plant markers, compost, Starbucks coffee grounds, gardening books and magazines, garden gloves, lotions and sunblock, flowerpots, wind chimes, garden art, weird freaky off-the-wall stuff...
If you are just starting or just starting over, just bring what you can.
I feel pretty comfortable guaranteeing that you will take home more than you brought!
(People have brought cookies, brownies, string cheese, and I my own self will trade almost anything for coffee LOL.)
It's been a long time since the spring swap, and a really tough gardening season, what with spring floods and summer drought.
It will be good to see everybody and catch up and re-energize ourselves.
Can't wait!

• lindabuchanan13

Thanks Sylvia. I'll be there. Not sure what I'll bring.

• Sylvia Gordon

yay!

Forgot to remind everybody, be sure to wear loose, comfy clothing and shoes, bring your Sun hat, sunglasses, and sunblock, & be sure to stay hydrated!

If the spirit moves you, bring snacks and bottled water or drinks to share.

I don't know what I will be bringing either.

Everything is so parched right now. Whatever greens up will probably hop into pots and boxes and beg me to take them to Fort Worth LOL.

I will also dig around to see if I have decorative items to share, and I do have some black Nursery Pots if anyone wants them.

• ruthz

Looking forward to it. A month gives me time to try to root some stuff. I have some Fruit Cocktail Shrimp Plant rooting now and will cut some more things today.

This has not been a good gardening year for me as I've done almost nothing in our yard. Too cold, too wet and then too hot.

• lindabuchanan13

Ruth, that goes for me too. Some plants that normally get really large are stunted this year and some have barely bloomed. This may be a bare bones swap.

• Sylvia Gordon

If anyone has starts or seeds for a fall vegetable garden, one of my neighbors is very eager to get started growing her own food.

• darlenegalindo

I'm not going to be able to make the swap. Dang it. Definitely will see you in the spring.

• Sylvia Gordon

Dang girl! See you in spring!