trish_walter

how to tile large walk in shower....affordably?

Trish Walter

so we have planned a walk in shower...you walk in and turn to left and then the shower heads will be...no glass [less to clean is thought]...there will be transom window to get light in there since no glass.

it's about 7.5 x 4.5 ? i think.

The builder says this will be expensive because of labor....My husband is handy and can do it if needed... Looking for ideas for simplest size tile for this project? I'd love a big niche also for products...ceilings are 8 feet.

I read on another post about someone who had tile trouble and there were posts about tips etc. of what sizes would have made issue not happen [can't find post]...made me think if we picked simple idea, maybe it wouldn't be so expensive and/or my hubby could tackle it....and save the $$.

Also I have read to put controls on the wall before you walk in...but then if you want to adjust temperature will that be awkward. What are thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Trish