Possible to get a U.K.-sized bathtub in the States?

Abigail Lee

I am remodeling the tiny bathroom of my 1920s Craftsman and have only a small niche (26x60 in from the studs) for the bathtub. Also, there are only two walls, not three, complicating an alcove tub installation - which is what I want for practical purposes like showering and ease of cleaning.

My wonderful contractor has come up with a solution involving a pony wall and a bump-out that I am OK with, but in hour 8,592 of researching bathtubs tonight, I discovered that a U.K. bathtub might be the perfect solution. Some of their standard sizes include about 27.5 in width and 55 or 59 in length. Many brands also offer end panels.

So time for the questions:

Is it possible to get a U.K.-sized bathtub in the States? Every site I have found says they don't ship here.

Do these tubs come with a flange for tile placement?

Am I getting myself into a another hole because plumbing and fixtures might not fit?

Thank you for any tips or advice you have!