Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gestes22

Is there a quartz counter top style that looks like wood?

gestes22
4 years ago

I would like the beauty of wood with the durability and easy care of quartz. There are a million tiles that resemble wood, why not quartz? This could be a popular trend if one manufacturer would produce a few options. If anyone knows where I might find this, please direct me.

Thank you!!

Comments (27)

• PRO
    User
    4 years ago

There are plants of laminate choices. And there are even a few solid surface choices. But there is nothing very high upkeep or difficult about wood counters. If you want wood, get the real thing. Just not with a sink.

• Hillside House
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I would feel about a wood-look quartz just like I do about wood-look tile. Ick.

If you want wood counters, get wood. I've had them in a kitchen... even with a sink. They were beautiful, and weren't particularly difficult to maintain.

ETA: the primary dishwashers in that house were my kids, at the time aged from 6-13. If they can use the counters and not mess them up, I would definitely consider them to not be high-maintenance.

• Harry Doyle
    4 years ago

Quartz is prone to chipping easily and heat damage. No material is perfect. Wood can easily be resanded and refinished, not so much with quartz.

• AboutToGetDusty
    4 years ago

Hillside House, did you have an under-mount sink with your wood counter? That's what I would want, but I am worried about splashing. I will keep up everything, but I don't know about the others in my house.

• live_wire_oak
    4 years ago

Wood is maintained with a simple mineral oil coating when it doesn’t have a sink penetration in it. If it gets a bit of character, you sand it out. Julia Child’s kitchen had old real wood counters in a section of it, and was heavily used. It still looks good.

• Hillside House
    4 years ago

Yes, our sink was an under-mounted farmhouse sink.

• Sandra Plate
    3 years ago

I agree with you 100%

I’ve seen wood countertops by a sink and they’re wrecked. Same w wood floors by a sink and workspace.

This thread came up when I was googling about wood-look quartz— which is super durable— And I’ve never seen it wrecked.

• gestes22
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Which company makes a quartz that really resembles wood? I have yet to find it. I love the durability of quartz - virtually maintenance free. Cannot find a wood look design.

• hunnybunnysunnyday
    3 years ago

following this cause I am looking for the exact same thing

• mvcanada
    3 years ago

I haven't seen any quartz that mimics wood but there are granites you might choose that would look like wood, but as someone above said, you may need to use your imagination. Legno Dorato granite has a grain that mimics wood. We had it in a previous home and really liked it.

I've looked on google images and the ones I'm finding pictures of, don't look like what we had, but still have a nice grain look to them.

Legno Dorato Granite

legno dorato granite - Google Search · More Info

However, I have seen porcelain slabs that mimic wood. And they look quite a bit like wood IMO, and they have 3 different colours. Here are 2 of them.

I guess it really depends what kind of wood look you are after. If you're looking for something that looks like butcher block, I've never seen anything like that other than in a laminate.

These porcelain ones look quite nice though.

This is the Company.

Legno Venezia Corda - MGSI · More Info

Legno Venezia Fumo - MGSI · More Info

• gestes22
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes there are plenty of plank tile designs that resemble wood & has been very popular. So why not quartz for countertops. I see I am one of many who would be purchasing it - if it were available. If one of the well known designers from HGTV wanted it & asked, the manufacturers would be cranking it out in no time! Hopefully one of them sees this thread.....

• Laura Neumann
    2 years ago

Good find, @RMW Architecture and Interiors, that product looks gorgeous!

• User
    2 years ago

that neolith product is very pretty, but the edges still make it look like formica.

• Shiloh S
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@gestes22 what did you end up with for your wood look a like counter? can you post picture?

• Shelley
    2 years ago

That Neolith product looked exactly what I wanted but read horrible reviews from others here on Houzz about breaking, cracks and no customer service. Back to the drawing board for me.

• jodierippy
    2 years ago

Shoot i was hoping you had found it im looking for the same thing please let me know if you find something it seems like an easy thing to do or these fabricators

• mcarroll16
    2 years ago

You might look at Pental Avorio. It's white with a gray wood-grain pattern. Not quite what you might be looking for, but really pretty. The pattern doesn't show up well on the Pental website. If you see it in person, the wood-grain "veining" is more obvious.

• Shelley
    2 years ago

I have just discovered Sapienstone Rovere Baio and Rovere Buckskin .https://www.sapienstone.com/collections. Porcelain slabs which really look and feel like wood. Anyone have any experience with these? Mixed reviews about installing porcelain ,which makes me nervous.

gestes22 thanked Shelley
  • Gina Parrish
    2 years ago

I am looking for a wood shelf (look) for a bathroom niche. I do not want to use teak. I have been trying to locate some product to use. I love this Sapienstone but they are out of the country. Anyone else come up with an idea of a wood look solid product? TX

• Laura Neumann
    2 years ago

Gina, there are lots of wood-look tile options that would be great for a niche!

• Gina Parrish
    2 years ago

With tile, I would have to piece it to look like a solid shelf. Hence, I would love a solid surface piece 1/2-1 inch. TX

• gestes22
    Original Author
    2 years ago

It's been 2 years since my original post & I am still hoping one of the manufacturers realizes this idea would sell well. I have yet to see it hit the market.

• HU-408171578
    last year

Dekton Odin google it, but now discontinued.

• Svetlana Ermilina
    last year

Hi all! Did anyone find any shops/manufacturers in Ontario that would have the wood-like slabs? i feel desperate