juliewignell

Surpreme Garden x Bogota x Iguazaunum

Julie Wignell

Grown from seed, and now blooming for the first time. At the moment it is a gorgeous mini size.....but may be bigger next year. It's a cute little thing!

And two scapes and two off-sets on such a tiny bulb!!! WINNER!

• Brian Sakamoto (10a, CA, USA)

Nice work Julie, it's a keeper!

Julie Wignell thanked Brian Sakamoto (10a, CA, USA)
  • Julie Wignell

I seem to be having trouble with my posts and photos disappearing, so I will try again and hope they don't all double up :(

• Julie Wignell

...there! Managed to get them all on, even if I did have to do them one at a time!

• Julie Wignell

...and here is it's sibling - my other seedling sown at the very same time. What a difference the genetic mix makes!

• Brian Sakamoto (10a, CA, USA)

Julie, how long did it take to bloom from seed?

As for pictures, I notice they disappear if you post before it becomes full color. If it's still grayed out, then it's not ready.

• jstropic (10a)

Beautiful , Julie! Gorgeous color.

Julie Wignell thanked jstropic (10a)
  • popmama

Wowsers! It's a beauty. And you deserve a lot of credit for the perseverance to grow from seed!

Julie Wignell thanked popmama
  • Fred Biasella

Another gorgeous stunner!!! Keep 'em coming.

Julie Wignell thanked Fred Biasella
  • Julie Wignell

Brian, I didn't write the date on the tag, but the very earliest I could have possibly sown them would have been around Xmas 2016/2017. Between that and the following Xmas 2017/2018 is my best guess. It has grown remarkably quickly. But its sibling is not doing nearly as well!

Thank you for the photo tips. You are correct, waiting for the full colour version usually works, just as you say, but didn't help me this time for some reason. But adding one at a time at least got them on there. It is quite tricky to try and post anything these days!!

Bulb in A Box

Wait, so the seed parent is hyb. (Supreme Garden x Bogota) and the pollen donor is H. iguazuanum? I love the orange tones in it!

• Julie Wignell

This is how the seeds were labeled when I bought them, so I expect this is so. It has turned out to be a grand little plant and I expect next flowering will be a real show. I can hardly believe how well it flowers on such small bulbs. One of my top favourites.

Bulb in A Box

It is trylly a winner!

• Fred Biasella

Julie,

It looks like you lucked out with the one from the deeper end of the gene pool :-)))) Again I have to say that it is absolutely gorgeous and it's a mini??? That's it...I'm comin' over :-))))

Julie Wignell thanked Fred Biasella
    Bulb in A Box

:)))) me lovin’ this thread even more now

• Fred Biasella

Well then let's keep it and the smiles going as long as we can.

• Julie Wignell

Thank you, Vlad and Fred. I will update with a photo on the next flowering to see how it has progressed.