robotropolis

Toddler update (for GW aunties/uncles)

robo (z6a)
October 7, 2019
last modified: October 7, 2019

Emmett is doing well staying home with his dad and thriving on tons of loving attention from his grandparents who are all quite involved.

I’m adjusting to the idea that he probably will be an only child although not quite ready to throw in the towel yet. Regardless he has a lot of company and love!

He really enjoys being outside at all times which makes our days pretty demanding. He particularly loves long walks on his own two feet although he has been known to sit down mid-walk and demand a cracker.

He also is working on his climbing and proud to show it off.

We went to a farm u-pick this weekend and although he decided he loves “punkies” his final verdict was “HEAVY!” Side note the farm usually has an elaborate corn maze, but the maze was knocked flat by the hurricane!

• Mimou-GW

Oh Robo! What a beautiful little boy! It’s great he loves the outdoors so much. It is always great fun to see your little man in action!

• bpath Oh Sophie

He’ll be a tall and handsome fellow—he is already!

Btw, just as we had adjusted to our DS being an only child, sold the stroller, crib, etc, . . . surprise!

• robo (z6a)

I'm always open to a pleasant surprise -- but I am over 40 and shockingly infertile. I've transferred four embryos since Emmett and five before him.

• 1929Spanish-GW

He's darling. And for the record, sometimes I want to sit in the middle of a long walk and eat a cracker!

robo (z6a) thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • happy2b…gw

What a beautiful boy! I love the little "look at what I can do" grin on Emmett's face when he is on the ladder. It must have been a bit nippy that day; his nose is pink.

robo (z6a) thanked happy2b…gw
  • eld6161

Love, love, love your updates.

robo (z6a) thanked eld6161
  • IdaClaire

He is just precious and looks like such a sweet boy!

robo (z6a) thanked IdaClaire
  • OutsidePlaying

I’m in love! He is so cute with those ‘Punkies’ and doing big boy stuff! Thanks for the photo update.

robo (z6a) thanked OutsidePlaying
  • maddielee

What a big (and very handsome) boy! Thank you for sharing.

robo (z6a) thanked maddielee
  • LynnNM

What an adorable little guy! I always love hearing your Emmett updates, Robo. Please keep them coming!

robo (z6a) thanked LynnNM
  • Lyban zone 4

He is a handsome lad and looks like he enjoys adventures. Robo don’t despair what will be will be.

robo (z6a) thanked Lyban zone 4
  • Olychick

Well, sometimes, when your first one is the perfect one....(speaking as an only child, lol). He is beautiful!

robo (z6a) thanked Olychick
  • justerrilynn

You produced a healthy bright looking little guy right there.

Thanks for sharing! I was hoping for more pictures as it’s been awhile.

robo (z6a) thanked justerrilynn
  • mtnrdredux_gw

That's so sweet, and he is just yummy!

robo (z6a) thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • blfenton

What a sweetheart. Oh robo you are so lucky.

My sons were tall for their age as well and if you haven't run into this already, be careful of those strangers who will expect "older" behaviour from Emmett just because of his height. It's something I ran into. My tall toddlers are now 6'4" adults.

It's sounds like you already beat the odds of becoming pregnant with Emmett, so maybe it will happen again.

My niece had a tough time getting pregnant and had to use invitro (DH is the problem) and their daughter is now 5 but they are now 32 and they have given up on ever having a second.

robo (z6a) thanked blfenton
  • cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)

Aw, he is such a cutie! I love that you keep us updated as he grows!

robo (z6a) thanked cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
  • Joaniepoanie

What a sweet little face....he’s getting so big!

robo (z6a) thanked Joaniepoanie
  • Anne

Emmett is a jewel. I also read the house post and while I know you want to make it perfect....enjoy that stroller and shoes all over the entry....you have an incredible blessing (I know you fully know that). I am so impressed by you and your husband and your beautiful family.

robo (z6a) thanked Anne
  • pudgeder

He's just perfect!! What a handsome little man!

robo (z6a) thanked pudgeder
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Thank you for the pictures! Emmett looks utterly delightful.

robo (z6a) thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • Fun2BHere

Darling, darling boy! Thanks so much for sharing some new pictures and his progress. My friend's boys are tall for their age and people do think that they are older than they are.

robo (z6a) thanked Fun2BHere
  • robo (z6a)

Yes I’m worried about that with Emmett! And so far he is squarely average and not advanced in any way so he does seem like he’s “behind” compared to his size (not worried about him at all but he’s just bang on milestones and not leaps and bounds ahead).

• maire_cate

Oh Robo, thanks for the new photos. He is a beautiful boy - love his coloring too.

robo (z6a) thanked maire_cate
  • dedtired

Emmett has always looked like himself right from the start, if that makes any sense at all. He looked like he does now even when he was just a wee thing. As cute as can be and all boy.

robo (z6a) thanked dedtired
  • gsciencechick

So adorable! Thanks for sharing, Robo.

robo (z6a) thanked gsciencechick
  • yeonassky

There is our gorgeous guy! I've been missing seeing him regularly! Thank you robo for thinking of us!

robo (z6a) thanked yeonassky
  • glad2b

He is such a handsome little fellow! Thank you so much for sharing the adorable fall photos, it just makes me smile!

robo (z6a) thanked glad2b
  • nini804

What a fun, darling child! Thank you so much for sharing him with us!

robo (z6a) thanked nini804
  • jill302

Such a cutie! Lovely photos of him.

robo (z6a) thanked jill302
  • allison0704

He is so cute! Thanks for sharing.

robo (z6a) thanked allison0704
  • eandhl2

Emmett is adorable!!

robo (z6a) thanked eandhl2
  • nutsaboutplants

Omg, he‘s pure delight!

robo (z6a) thanked nutsaboutplants
  • rubyclaire

What a handsome guy!

robo (z6a) thanked rubyclaire
  • jojoco

He is adorable! And he looks so happy and adventurous!

robo (z6a) thanked jojoco
  • kkay_md

Emmett is adorable! I second what blfenton said about sometimes-unreasonable expectations with a taller child. My son was always tall for his age, and many people (from strangers to teachers) expected his behavior to conform to his perceived age (when he was 3, some thought he was 5 or 6). He's a 6'4" adult now, quite well-behaved.

robo (z6a) thanked kkay_md
  • Yayagal

He's gorgeous!!!

robo (z6a) thanked Yayagal
  • beaglesdoitbetter

Emmett continues to grow more adorable with each passing year! Nothing wrong w/ being an only child! I was one. We'll probably try for a sibling for Bastian but I'm going to be 37 in January so who knows if it will work out. Even one perfect child is an amazing blessing.

How did you get him to enjoy long walks? We really want Bastian to enjoy hiking with us. He already goes on walks every day in his sling or his stroller but I want him to grow up loving walking on his own two feet like Emmett.

robo (z6a) thanked beaglesdoitbetter
  • whatsayyou18

What a handsome boy!

Beagles, DH and I have walked every day since we first met and took our kids with us when they came along. There was a phase when they referred to our daily family walks as "death marches" but now as adults they both enjoy daily walks and hikes.

robo (z6a) thanked whatsayyou18
  • robo (z6a)

Beagles length is relative! Haha. He could do one mile now but it would be slow as it would involve investigating many sticks, leaves, trying to stuff moss in his mouth, trying to "climb" trees (I hold his hands and he walks horizontally up the trunk), etc. I actually get fewer long walks in now that he boycotts the stroller most of the time. I have been wishing recently that I had a toddler backpack now that he's too heavy to carry in my arms when he is done. I don't really think backpacks are that safe until they're quite a bit older than Bastian (prefer front carry until they're a hefty size).

• l pinkmountain

So I'm not fully up to speed. Did you guys move nearer or farther from work for you?

• Lukki Irish

Wow! I can’t believe how big he’s gotten Robo! Sounds like he’s an active and curious little guy, so much fun!!!

I hope that your efforts to add another mini Robo to the family is successful and soon!

• Arapaho-Rd

Little Emmett is growing up! What an adorable little boy, Robo, and such a gift.

• gardener123wewantsophie

oh my gosh, Robo!! SOOOOO stinking cute!! Looks like you are having tons of fun :)

• czarinalex

He's a cutie for sure!

We did the toddler backpack thing with our two(but they were 9mo and 21 mo when we got them). Hiking was a weekly thing and as they grew, it continued. My dd is 24 and she always asks to go for a walk with me when she visits!

• roarah

He is beyond beautiful!

If Emmett were to remain an only child rest assured he will be fine. There are many advantages to having a singleton. Statistically, they are often very successful adults. Single children statistically are also emotionally strong, confident and happy. First born and only children have higher IQs. Family resources are stronger. Travel and life opportunities are affordable and thus more readily available. The old stigma about only children being more selfish has been disproven because it turns out all children are actually selfish :).

So either way your perfect family ,wether small or one day larger , will always remain a perfect family!

• 3katz4me

He is so darn cute!! Thanks for sharing the new photos.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

He is adorable - thanks for sharing!

• Bonnie

He is such a cutie!

• Lv_r_Golden

so so adorable....thanks for sharing him with us :)

• texanjana

Oh my goodness, Emmett is getting so big. He is precious. Give him a big hug from his GW aunties!