kelly_warden

Evoke VCC vs Kentwood Engineered vs DM Flooring

Kelly Warden

I am having a hard time deciding between engineered wood or vinyl. The cost is a $5k difference total. Looking at:

Evoke Finn
Kentwood albatross
DM Sandstone

Thoughts on flooring brands?

• SJ McCarthy

Where do you live and where is the floor (in the house) destined to live? Do you have photos?

What are your expectations for a flooring product? Are you on slab (concrete) or on wood subfloor? Is this an existing house or a new-build? Do you have UV blocking glass on your windows? Are you in a hot climate (CA or FL) or are you in a cold climate (NY or WA)?

For an entire house, $5K is nothing in the grand scheme of things (I know...for a budget that is pretty big but for a remodel it isn't). Remember: the floors are both a 'finish' (like paint) as well as a structure (like walls holding up the roof). They take abuse every second of every day. Because gravity is something we live with, the floors are guaranteed to have SOMETHING touching them every second of every day. No other 'finish' has to go through that type of abuse.

• Kelly Warden

Thought I would let everyone know I pulled the plug on evoke vcc. I wanted to ensure minimal maintenance and scratches

• Natalie Manzitto

Kelly, have you installed yet? Do you have any pictures? How are you liking it?

• Kelly Warden

Hey! Yes it’s installed. Looks great! Actually can’t believe I spent Months debating floors. And I’m glad I got vinyl. It was cheaper and easier to clean

• Kelly Warden

This was the evoke vcc Brock

• Natalie Manzitto

Looks Great!

• Lauren Eliz

Kelly, how is the Evoke vcc flooring holding up? I’m looking at installing it in my new construction.

• Kelly Warden

It’s great! I wouldn’t second guess it. I spent so much time mulling over the decision and am happy I went with it. Easy to clean, looks great, and was half the price of wood

• Kelly Warden

Here are some pics of the floor