Plumber or HVAC tech for direct vent termination cap installation?

October 9, 2019
last modified: October 9, 2019

I have a direct vent gas heater that needs a new termination cap installed. The photo below is of my heater.

Do I need a plumber or an HVAC person for such a job?

The heater is a Vermont Castings and the model is Stardance (SDV30RF).

I'm on the third floor of a condo building.

The cap in the photo below (the photo shows the roof of a fireplace store near my home) is the one I need (the vertical one). It's called a High Wind Vertical Termination Cap (made by DuraVent). But because my present cap comes out of the side of the building, instead of the roof, I'm going to use an elbow.

Comments (4)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268