skateboardcow

White or Walnut open shelves above my kitchen sink?

Mittens Cat
October 9, 2019

I'd planned to do a couple walnut open shelves above our kitchen sink, but now I'm leaning toward white to calm the visual chaos of our two-toned kitchen. What do you think? Stick with the walnut or switch to white?

As for what we're going to use the shelves for....my only real goal at this point is to keep it from looking too cluttered! Backsplash to be determined at a later date (I'd love to do a blue Heath tile but will probably end up going with a simple white, just like our white quartZzzzz counters).

The white cabinets were a last minute switch from an all walnut kitchen. The white beam was going to be left natural wood, but we decided to wrap it because it felt it might just add to the visual clutter.

The shelves (either white or walnut) will be above the kitchen sink and will have lighting mounted underneath (we did not install a light directly above).

Stick with walnut shelves
Go with white shelves
Something else! (comment below)