stao

Urgent Bathroom Tub Design Dilemma!

stao
October 10, 2019

HELP! I need to decide TODAY because the plumber needs the tub asap. About to pull the trigger and order the 5' Kohler expanse (curved tub) for our girls bathroom - but it's going in a 6+ foot space (80.25") and I just realized that I have no idea how to use a curved shower rod in this space. Can't find a curved rod on the market longer than 72". No point in buying a curved tub if you can't have a curved rod above, right? There is a bench at the end of the tub.

-We were thinking of bumping out the tub to the left a bit (see drawing), so that the curve - which extends 36" at it's widest point doesn't intrude on the toilet space - good or bad idea? unnecessary?

-Love the idea of a curved tub, and it would be great in this small space.. but should I just go with a straight tub because of the ROD!? (ugh)

Anyone have a brilliant solution? Any advice or thoughts appreciated! TIA!