Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Favorite Pinks of the 2019 Season

shive
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Post your favorite pink daylilies from this season. Seedlings can be included. There's no limit on how many your post. The next color will be purple.

(I tried to post mine, but I did not succeed. I'll try again later.)

Comments (107)

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Should probably wind this up , what a pain to have to only post 2 images per post!

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Please note, some images appear to be really washed out . I finally got myself a white photographic umbrella so hopefully next year the images will be better. We never saw a cloud in the sky for 99 percent of the summer so the rays of the sun really affected the images.

This last image was taken last night . The very last bloom in my garden this year. It is a seedling and it was open for 2 days . Looks like something took a bite out of one of its petals and still it persisted ( went through our first frost too!) Bless it's little plant soul! Makes me think I have the perfect name for it . I wont share it here ( Debra knows first hand why) but if you are interested message me and I will tell you . Horrible shot but it was taken at 7:30 last night as I forgot to get the picture earlier.

• shive
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Maryl - I do remember rust was why you got rid of Shores of Time. But Christmas in Oz is so striking. Why was that one booted?

Signet - I'm glad you could finally post some photos. I still haven't been able to post my runners-up. John R. Pike really grabs me, and I love the ruffly seedling.

Debra

• shive
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here are my runners-up

Princess Diary

American Doll

• shive
    Original Author
    4 years ago

More runners-up

Pretty Desirable

Waves Become Wings

• shive
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Celeste - I don't remember seeding Pink Braid before. I really like it. All My Kittens is a neat one too!

Debra

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    4 years ago

Profound Mystery is a winner for me!

Maryl, I agree with Debra, Christmas in Oz is lovely! I too need to know why it left your garden.

Sherry

• Brad KY 6b
    4 years ago

Unbelievable how many great pinks there are! I like so many of them, but will single out a couple as favorites: Treasure of the Southwest and All MY Kittens, Boy Crazy, Noel x Red star of krypton seedling, and Perfect Pose.

Brad

• Nancy 6b
    4 years ago

Christmas in Oz has done well here, and I love the color of it. Are some of the early posts missing, or just on my phone? I was going to compare my Christmas with yours Maryl, but don't see my post. Will have to get on my computer I guess. Love Profound Mystery. I may need to get All My Kittens. I will be watching to see how it does for you Celeste. I have a similar looking daylily, Round and Round We Go, but it just does not have may buds. Love the unusual color of it though.

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

Holy Cow! Too many good ones to even try to single out a few! Heather - lol - Slimjet works, doesn't it? Thanks, Brad. :)

Alex

• shive
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The earliest comments are now hidden because there are so many posts. Right under the word Comments in black, it says See More Comments in green. If you click on that all the posts will show up. Because we're only able to post one or two photos at a time, the thread has gotten too long, and Houzz automatically condenses what is shown.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    4 years ago

I was going to post this one for Celeste. But after having it not take twice I gave up. I usually don't have any problems posting pictures in the comments section, so this is really annoying.

This is Treasure of the Southwest in my climate. Neither pink nor orange. It left due to rust, but had real potential:

I was told that Christmas in Oz might be winter tender when I bought it. We all know I grow in pots and this exacerbates winter issues as most of them must overwinter outdoors. After growing it successfully for several years (so much so that I had to gift out secondary pots in fall), I lost it to the hard winter of '17. I immediately ordered it again, but got Adventures in Oz by mistake. That was gifted out and now I'm in a dilemma about getting it again space and time being what they are .............Maryl P.S. I commented on two of the other posts that didn't take (Grrrr) about others beautiful pinks, but just couldn't do it one more time. But I want to mention Debra how much I love your Pink Aloha seedling. Any promise to it? And Annabelle's Blush caught my eye. Looks like Dovealicious, one I've never grown but always liked a lot. I usually don't like off white eyed daylilies, but Annabelle looks so pretty. Wonder how she does? Debra: didn't you grow it too?
    ..................Maryl

• KarenPA_6b
    4 years ago

Signet, what a wonderful group of pink daylilies and seedlings! My favorites are your pink edge seedling in the 5th set, Miss Piggy, Finish with a Flourish, and Pink Stripes! Your Pink Stripes looks like a Picasso painting!

Debra, your runner ups look as nice as your best pinks. You sure have an enviable collection of pink daylilies and wonderful clump shots too.

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

And this is just the pinks huh? OMG am I in trouble!!!! There are sooooooooo many here I would love to add to my gardens . Maybe I should just stay away from these posts. They are dangerous !

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Thanks for the lovely comment Karen ! I had to go back and look at my picture LOL!

• celeste/NH
    4 years ago

I have a new pink that performed really well this year and I even set pods on it. I wanted to post the photo to include it:

PINK PRINCESS SLIPPERS

My soil wants to turn it purple....lol.

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Yes Celeste, that is definitely not pink . I wonder what is in your soil that does that to a pink bloom. So interesting

• Nancy 6b
    4 years ago

So many lovely pinks! Pink Princess Slippers is really pretty Celeste, no matter the color

• celeste/NH
    4 years ago

I assume that it IS supposed to be pink, hence it's name....lol. Every single bloom was purple! That's ok with me because purples are my passion. I hesitated to post with the pinks, since it isn't for me.....but for others it should be pink. My soil makes purple out of everything.

• lilykate7a
    4 years ago

Late, late to comment! Will only do a few since most have probably moved on to purple!

Plastic Plastic Flamingos-new this year-quickly became a favorite

• lilykate7a
    4 years ago

Perhaps not even a few. Trying to post from phone but Houzz not cooperating

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

If you all don't mind, I have a few more images to share. It is hard to put a finger on which daylilies I like the most. So far (after about 12 years I haven't really met a daylily I couldn't find something good to say about ) Anyway here are some more of my pinks.

another of my seedlings

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Here is Love or Else being lorded over by Sears Tower

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

another seedling

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

• shive
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Kate - Pink Plastic Flamingos looks great! I hope you can post more. Houzz is worse than ever now. I can only post two at a time.

Debra

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

and finally Get Jiggy doing what it is supposed to do First I have seen the patterning .It was in its second season this year.

• KarenPA_6b
    4 years ago

Kate, sorry you have difficulty of posting but your PPF is lovely! I am glad that one came through Houzz.

Signet, you have many wonderful pinks! I am looking to add Peggy Jeffcoat to my garden. Is it a robust and floriferous plant for you?

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Kate , Plastic Plastic Flamingos is a fantastic UF . I hadn't heard of this one ! I love it . Please keep trying to post . We all want to see your blooms !

• Brad KY 6b
    4 years ago

Heather, your Damsel in Distress is so nice. I got rid of mine because about 85% of mine were always in distress, super splotchy. The few nice ones I had I really liked. It must not have liked my climate. You sure have some great pinks.

Brad

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Brad, you would be so surprised where Damsel is planted. The spot it is planted in is part of an old farmstead and Damsel is planted in gravel from an old driveway that led down the to barn/house . It was an old oak building Huge oak boards ( if you could call them that , they were 25 inches square.) . The downstairs is where the animals lived and the upstairs the people pre 1888 ( the date on the new barn) on the property out back of us that was severed off before we bought the two acres we have. It is planted in just dreadful conditions and yet it thrives there. Go figure!

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Karen , I dont believe you will be disappointed with Peggy Jeffcoat , it is one of those daylilies that does well whereever you plant it . At least that has been my experiece here. If you are in Pennsylvania conditions there are pretty much the same as here so it should do well for you.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    4 years ago

Signet, lovely seedlings! Your pinks are all great, not too many pinks I don’t like.

Sherry

• Brad KY 6b
    4 years ago

OK, I FILED A COMPLAINT. But even the complaint form is messed up. It asked me if I was using Android or iOS. No option for Windows or Mac. I picked android, told them in the free hand box some do but I use Wiindows 10 on a self-built power computer. I told them we use various browsers, clear the cache [which made Mantis' Mac not be able to upload any pictures], etc. I gave them no out to give a simplistic answer by heading them off at the pass..

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

So I went searching the houzz website and this is what I found in regards to photos . Note that at the end of the second sentence ( the word " here" is supposed to be a clickable link but doesn't work ( surprise!!!) . it takes you to an error page .

• celeste/NH
    4 years ago

Not very helpful is it? Even their advice has issues. I haven't had any major problems since I have been re-sizing my photos before I attempt to post them (knock on wood). This of course is subject to change at any moment, especially since I just jinxed myself by mentioning my new strategy.

I can't believe I forgot this pink.....it's a real great performer and has a unique look. I set tons of pods on it.

SPACECOAST DREAM CATCHER

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Oooh that is a really pretty one !!!!!!!!! Wonder if I can find it here in Canada .

• Nancy 6b
    4 years ago

Beautiful pink Celeste! Love the form a d the color. Nice that it is doing well for you. Many Spacecoasts do not do well for me

• lilykate7a
    4 years ago

Trying once more (out of many mores!) to get a couple on here. This is my favorite pink out of many in my garden. Rachelle Agin. Love it for its clear pure "pinkness"

And, this is last year's photo. I have not uploaded all my pics from this year. But wanted to share this one!

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Kate what a lovely delicate pink ! A real girl's bloom !

• Nancy 6b
    4 years ago

I agree Kate, that is a really nice pink. I don't remember seeing that one

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

It's a beauty, Kate!

Alex

• Brad KY 6b
    4 years ago

A couple more:

Castle Pinkney with it's first good year ever.

Pastures of Pleasure

• Brad KY 6b
    4 years ago

Webster's Pink Wonder

Full Grown

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    4 years ago

That looks like a big open face on Pastures of Pleasure. Very nice and my favorite of this group............Maryl

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

Webster's Pink Wonder is one I'm always drawn to when I see it.

Alex

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County