Mid-century metal porch columns

Jinx

I saw these posted for sale — inexpensive and just a few miles away. Showed Mr Jinx, we decided we needed them, and he went to pick them up. They’re nicely heavy and well-made.

Then came the, “Ok, what do we do with them?” Ha!

I knew I wanted them painted dark brown, so did that. Then we decided to affix them to the cedar porch columns on the back patio and use them as trellises. I have a potted ivy (25 yrs old) on one side, and Hyacinth Bean vine on the other. Both immediately took to the new addition.

We’re really happy with how they look. When the vines are dormant, the columns will give a nice sculptural look to the area. If we find two more that match, we may add them on the sides.

Just thought I’d share our idea of mixing old porch columns with more current ones. Rustic with mid-century. :)

**Pictures in replies, I’m not able to get them to post in this comment box for some reason**