capresti

Equinox Louvered Roof lighting solutions

Craig P

Hi all,

We are having an equinox louvered roof installed in a couple of weeks and I'm having some challenges finding a lighting solution.

The cover is attached to the facia, 5in from the wall of the house and is 24ft north/south and 18ft east/west. The wall of the house it attaches to faces west.

I've attached a photo to give a rough idea what the cover looks like and another top down sketch of our house.

The wiring will run inside the aluminum 2x8s that are perpendicular to the wall of the house. I've asked the contractor and while we will have two 2x8 at each beam, the hole we can drill is 1.5in large at most.

All of the surface mount lights I've found seem to still expect a junction box recessed in the ceiling, and at least 4in diameter for the hole. We are thinking 9 lights evenly spaced across the 3 perpendicular beams.

Any guidance on lighting options would be very helpful! Thanks for reading.

Opening Roof System · More Info

Comment (1)