philipatx

Carmen Würth / Carmen Wuerth from Kordes

philipatx

Does anybody have any experience with this newer rose from Kordes? Kordes has created some nice mauve/violet/purple roses (Purple Plum, Quicksilver, and Poseidon/Novalis, for instance) but I have heard nothing stateside about this one.

It looks to be a highly desirable shrub/floribunda having exceptional health and fragrance.

https://www.rosen.de/en/garden-roses/shop-by-type/fragrant-roses/carmen-wuerth

She is an ADR rose that gets phenomenal ratings from Kordes, who is surprisingly conservative in evaluating their own plants. I have found 4 star ratings for disease resistance to typically be on par or better than e.g. Knock Out, and Carmen Würth gets a very rare 5 star rating for *both* mildew *and* BS.

(I will observe that *some* Kordes roses might have awkward architecture as shrubs, or be a little slower to rebloom, particularly in their youth. And some of the *earlier* healthy plants want to grow to prodigious sizes in milder climates before coming into their own -- kind of like some Austin roses. I am nonetheless a big fan of their breeding program.)

I don't know if Star Roses is promoting the Kordes line as aggressively as NewFlora had been, and I worry that we might not continue to get the selections from Germany that Chris was bringing us.

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL

It sure is gorgeous! I’ve not heard of this one, so glad to learn of it. Thanks for sharing! :-)

philipatx thanked Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
  • katyajini

I would love to know more about this rose too!

philipatx thanked katyajini