hwy_81

Looking for Marazzi Safari Serengeti UAE2 12x12 glazed ceramic tile

hwy_81

We had to remove 4 tiles in our laundry room. Unfortunately, we have no spares and the tile is discontinued. Surely someone out there has between 4 and 15 tiles. If anyone has this tile or knows where I might find some, please let me know. Thanks!!

• mackdolan

A laundry room is a self contained unit with a door. Remove all the tile and replace it with something else. You will never find discontinued tile.

• eam44

Agreed. Good luck, but honestly, looking at it, do you really want to keep that tile? If you need 4-15 tiles, you have wear or installation issues and that means it’s time to replace your floor tile. It happens. If you post images of the space we can help find a good tile for you.

• live_wire_oak

If it weren’t damaged, you’d shut the door on the HD special and ignore it. You’ve got to replace it now. If it goes through the rest of the house? That’s a opportunity to change all of that too! A great opportunity to update. Run with it.

• chispa

On our first house, when the tub faucet went bad on a tiled jacuzzi tub and the plumber had to break 2 tiles right in front, I armed myself with the pieces and went a dozens tile shops within a 40 mile radius and asked them to find one that came as close as possible. I found some and we patched up the tub. Was it perfect? No, but it was a 94% match and good enough. We had no trouble selling the house a few years later.

Get your sneakers on, map out the tile shops in your area, get your sample pieces and put several hours into your search and you will probably find something good enough to patch the floor. Worth the effort if you aren't looking to re-tile the whole room.

• Nancy R z5 Chicagoland

Before you wear out your sneakers running around to all those tile shops, do some searching on Google.

• Stacey Kasper

My husband and I are looking for some too. If we have any luck will let you know becasue if we don't you can have our extra pieces.

hwy_81 thanked Stacey Kasper
  • hwy_81

Stacey Kasper,

Thank you for your response! We found 16X16 tiles at century-tile.com. If you still need to find some you could try there. We did buy it and are having it cut down to 12 x 12. It is the same tile but a different dye lot than ours but a good match. Two sides will be straight instead of the finished side --but ours will be under a washer and dryer so it won't matter in our case.