Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skrpan

Fireplace/ Entertainment wall

skrpan
4 years ago

I would like to have input as to how to dress this wall up. I would like to use the modern Island stone on fireplace.
Should the stone go all the way up on the fireplace section? I thought about widening the top portion of the fireplace where the mirror is, to match the width of the bottom where the firebox is.
This would take the stair step design out.
Are there any recommendations/advice to clad the large horizontal ledge with a wood tone etc.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. I am looking to use another product or two on the wall instead of mostly paint.

Thanks again

Comments (20)

• njmomma
    4 years ago

Not a Pro.

It's a great wall. I would leave as is. It looks great!

Tweaking as Groveraxle said is all it may need.

• skrpan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ok, I’ll try to post a photo of the stone we were thinking if using, wondering if we should go with the original plan with cladding the fireplace top and bottom or just the bottom, we are thinking of putting a larger tv in and new engineered flooring.

• skrpan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ok so as I am a novice, I can’t post a photo but it’s island stone in tropical white parrarles V

• groveraxle
    4 years ago

Is this your thinking?

• groveraxle
    4 years ago

Is it this in tropical white?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

No if that is the stone you are thinking stacked stone is already a dated look > IMO your wall loks great just the way it is replace the mirror that is reflecting nothing worth seeing twice with anothe nice piece of art.

• groveraxle
    4 years ago

So like this?

• groveraxle
    4 years ago

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    4 years ago

My first thought is to replace the 3 pieces of artwork (which aren't very impactful) with a larger and bolder piece.

• RedRyder
    4 years ago

Following

• skrpan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

It’s more like this, modern update to a stacked stone. But I would carry the ledge all the way across, what about that idea?

• felizlady
    4 years ago

Maybe more colorful art on the left area...those frames are the right size but the pictures are very small. Also, I would consider more color and perhaps some window treatment, even if simply one colorful drapery panel at each side of the window.

• skrpan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yes I do have more colorful art, I can see changing. The tv will be a 65” staying in the same place but modifying the space wider to accommodate the tv. What are you ideas on the fireplace, thinking of staying beneath the ledge now with the White Island Stone... also need input on the ledge, would I leave it painted with the wall color or clad it in dark wood?
    Thanks

• skrpan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

This is the stone I am contemplating.

• acm
    4 years ago

cool, but I like the horizontals more than taking the stone all the way up. but it's your house! :)

• tedbixby
    4 years ago

Is that TV comfortable to watch as it looks awful low.

• groveraxle
    4 years ago

I don't know how much larger your new TV will be, but if it's much larger than the current one, I don't see any way to accommodate it below the mantel. I suppose the one I rendered must be about a 1200" TV.

• groveraxle
    4 years ago

• skrpan
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks everyone! The TV alcove will be modified wider to accommodate the wider tv. My furniture is low profile only 15” off ground, TV seems to work at eye level. After viewing the renditions, I think I will keep the horizontal look and use the stone on the lower half.
    I will change the paint color and art work. Thanks again for everyone’s comments