katiecraven

mixing metals in kitchen. Beth, Jan, Patricia... help a girl out!

Katie

We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel. We’ve selected white cabinets along the back wall, a navy island, and stainless appliances/ faucet. Our custom hood matches the white cabinetry and will have a strip of stained wood along bottom trim (third pic is inspiration, and sample of stain is shown in first picture, along with our cabinet doors). Here’s my dilemma: I need to pick out hardware pulls/ knobs TODAY! I originally was thinking stainless hardware, but I also love the look of warm brass— especially against the navy. My concern is properly executing the whole “mixed metals” look without it just looking like we have no idea what we’re doing (...which we don’t). How do I make it look intentional? Or should I just stick with stainless hardware because it’s safer?

We order backsplash tiles and countertops later this week. For backsplash I’m thinking a long, White handmade looking subway tile in either subway pattern or herringbone pattern. Countertops will likely be Calacatta Verona quartz (both are shown in 4th photo).