mizzliz33

Mixing Kitchen Cabinet Finishes - Can't figure it out

mizzliz33
December 1, 2019
last modified: December 1, 2019

Complete kitchen reno - I'm leaning towards 3 Shuler cabinet finishes: Maple Cottage White Dry Brush, Cherry Cappuccino, Islander Dry Brush. Attached are samples of colors, (not necessarily using those doors), along with proposed new kitchen layout. Should I drop one color and just use two colors? Which color for island and which cover for hood?

My home is currently traditional, (ie., cherry Queen Anne dining room; I will post photos of existing kitchen in the comments). BUT I would like to move towards a more vintage, farmhouse glam, with a touch of English country or coastal, (lol is that even possible). I will get a farmhouse sink, thinking that will likely be white, so I thought one of the darker colors for my lower cabinets to contrast it.

I also thought glass for the top cabinets. I'm also a bit worried they will make the space look to busy/cramped, but I would really love the storage & extra display space if I do go with the glass.

For new flooring, I'm wanting something softer underfoot, so will likely go with a wood grain Luxury Vinyl Plank.

For kitchen table, I will likely paint or use another round table I have.

Any thoughts you all have would be so appreciated. Thank you!!

Comments (12)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268