FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

sseibert

Opinions on reclaimed wood perimeter counter tops with marble island?

sseibert
last modified: December 12, 2019

Im struggling with my counter tops. I love Calacutta marble and really want my island to be marble. But the price is awful! I think the sink wall needs stone vs wood as well, b/c of water. My island is very long!! 132" long by 38 wide.

So to save a bit and love the rustic french country look....I'm thinking about doing a reclaimed wood on my range wall...the pieces on either side of range and the piece at end that is an appliance garage. Then I have an adjacent mudroom with a small 12" drop zone top. And another counter top over at end of mudroom. Do wood tops there too.

White shaker cabinets full overlay. My floors in kitchen are heart of pine. mudroom brick pavers. Backsplash is painted old brick (its the old back part of the house) My contractor is going to build a "mantle" for my wide range area. Maybe do this in reclaimed wood too? I want my range to be the focal point.

I have living/unlaquered brass faucets. And was going to do unlaquered brass pulls.

My house was built in 1901.

Marine Loft · More Info