joeblfsk

A photo for the ages, - proof that New Yorkers are caring people.

jofus, ( Englewood, Fl zone 10a )
last modified: January 6, 2020

( Click on photo for more detail )

This photo was taken in 1925, the police officer could have been my Dad, who joined the NYPD in late 1922, as he spent his whole 21 yr career in the traffic division.

What's the photo got to do with gardening ? Not much really, except that being born & raised in that teeming concrete jungle, the only flowers I ever saw were in my Mother's flower pots outside our top floor apartment windows.

A stark contradiction to the lifestyle I now enjoy as a retiree in SW Florida. My two vibrant mango trees in the backyard have been showing off their gazillion pannicles now for 3 + weeks. Hard not to start licking my chops.

Looking back, I am now feeling a bit sorry that I never had a garden & mango trees as a young boy. However, I did get to meet Babe Ruth as a skinny 9 yr old, just a few weeks before he passed away,... a lifelong memory I never would have had growing up in Englewood, Florida.

So there's two sides to every story as the wise man once said. Right ?...RIGHT ? ?