FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

rachel_orosz

Should I add a half bath to this used closet

Rachel Orosz
last modified: January 8, 2020

Hi Houzz

I can't decide if adding this half bath would be good for my layout. We're redoing the sewer pipes under our slab, so not is the most economical time to add the lines.

The 3'x6' closet in question does not get much use, we use a wardrobe by the front door for coats. We entertain and have out of town guests a lot, and I don't like people doing through our bedroom to use the bathroom. But I'm not sure if we are sacrificing too much storage space. I do plan on converting part of the attic to be climate-controlled storage though.

Option 1 is the current end goal without the half bath

Option 2 is just adding the half bath

Option 3 is making the guest bathroom shorter. This would mean moving the plumbing for the bathroom vanity, but that should be a minor cost. We're also completely redoing this bathroom anyway. We'd have enough space for a max depth of 2ft

Option 1
Option 2
Option 3