FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

Design Dilemma- Living Room

Shalena King

Hello. I have a couple of design questions. I am designing my living room sort of like the following photo with a sofa and 4 chairs. My main colors are black, white, gold/brass, and a few accent pieces of emerald green. The living room is 16x16. The sofa and chairs are Farlov by IKEA and are white (will have black/white and emerald green accent pillows), the area rug is the black and white rug shown. So my questions are:
-Which of the coffee table would you choose? The solid black or the glass/brass (end tables between the chairs would coordinate of course)

• If you would choose the solid black coffee table would you put a smaller (just a little larger that the coffee table) solid white area rug under it to break up the black since the area rug is mainly black?
    -Also would it look ok to put a floor lamp on each side of the sofa instead of end tables so that there are not so many tables? Or should I leave the area between the chairs open like the photo and put the end tables beside the sofa, leaving out the floor lamps altogether? (Below is the floor lamp I’m considering which is Juneau from RH)
    Thank you for any advice!
    (The other photos are in comments, this will only allow me 4 photos to start)