FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

eld6161

A WWYD?

eld6161

We are now using our Florida home after owning for 7 years- I’m enjoying the weather and seeing renovating finally taking place.

We are in a small gated communities made up of separate HOA’s.

Mine has 15 homes built in a circle.

Sime are full time with the majority being snow birds.

A tradition has started called ”drinks on the driveway.” Every Monday is a standing night to gather in a rotating driveway to get together with appetizers to share and your own beverage.

DH has been down supervising the renovations and has attended all of the Mondays.

Last night was my second time and I walked away feeling trapped!

The people are nice, but considerably older. They will be good neighbors but looking around at the attedpndees last night, I can’t see any as friends.

Our next door neighbor told DH the reason this started was because the days could get long.

Here is my question. I don’t want to feel obligated to do this every Monday, especially when I have visitors.

DH seems to be okay with going. Not all the residents go but the core is about half. One husband comes alone always. His wife never comes and we were told she wasn’t social!

So, wwyd? Make it a point to now skip a few? Go to a few more and then skip?

Am I obligated to make an excuse? So far which driveway info goes to DH.