FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

csummersall

Mixing traditional brass hardware + faucet w/ flat front cabinets?

csummersall

I'm in the final stages of a kitchen redesign. I have the layout set, but am struggling to finalize the finishes.

I really don't love the look of shaker cabinets. Maybe it's just that I've seen too many of them, but I just can't picture them in my own house. So I've settled on Ikea's Veddinge fronts. They seem very, very basic and visually light. Because we'll have 15" uppers stacked on top of 30" uppers, I really wanted something light feeling for the cabinets.

The issue is that I also love traditional hardware and fixtures. The house is from the late 1890's and has a lot of exposed brick, so I thought juxtaposing some more traditional fixtures and hardware with the very modern cabinets would look nice and keep the whole space feeling more cohesive. Responses have been mixed. Some people seem to think it'll look great, others think it'll look confused.

I'd like to do rejuvenation's unlacquered brass mushroom knobs on the uppers, their matching offset pulls on the bottom drawers, and a Barber Wilson's faucet.

Am I crazy think this will look good together? Would I be better off just doing edge pulls and a basic/modern faucet?