webuser_978440290

Kitchen cabinet color(s) what would you do?

Wayne Emerson
January 14, 2020

Kitchen remodel - Bye Bye Brady Bunch. Hello 2020. Here's our dilemma. We started to plan this remodel during the middle of last year. We already have newer white appliances. We decided on and have put a deposit on Kraftmaid cabinets. Our original plan was to use Kraftmaid surfside blue (which is a very very pale blue) My wife is worried about it, though blue is a favorite color. She is rethinking this and believes white is the better choice. However the Kraftmaid white is called Dove White and has a gray tint to it. So - do we get the cabinets custom painted a brighter (less gray) white (through Kraftmaid), customize the Surfside blue to lighten that further or just keep it brown and orange? At this point I have a lot of regrets a) not buying stainless appliances in the first place b) not getting a sample door of surfside first (We were given a large Dove White panel recently and I absolutely hate it) The surfside sample arrives this week. I've considered Surfside for the lowers and the pantry cabinets and a custom white for the uppers - but what to do about the crown molding? Pantry area is not attached to the normal uppers. It's a good size kitchen for a 60's home and the project will run around 35K. The soffit is coming out to accommodate the taller cabinets. Yes this really is the current kitchen!

Comments (4)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268